Chapter 54

It feels like only yesterday I brought Isadora here to meet my family. Now, it feels like she's always been here. My family won't stop about how amazing she is, and I can't help but sit there with a smile on my face as they praise her over and over.

This is the family she deserves.

The sound of Christmas music playing throughout the kitchen as the mixer beats at some cookie dough in the large metal bowl. It's still early, maybe almost 7:30am. Not a single person is up besides my dad, who's working out in the gym. Kingston and Amara won't be up for a little bit, trying to catch up on sleep from when Taelynn woke them up last night. I heard them going down to the kitchen at night while I was half awake, holding Isa in my arms.

The house is quiet, but bright. There are lights strung everywhere, garland and tinsel everywhere. Mistletoes hung under almost every open doorway. The Christmas tree sits in the middle of the living room, the angel on top almost touching our raised ceiling. It has to be at least eighteen feet tall. Lights, ornaments, tinsel, and even some fake candles decorate the full evergreen tree. Wrapped presents are stacked up beneath the branches, the electronic fireplace on, heating the living room with everyone's stockings hanging all around the living room.

With a Christmas jingle playing, I can't help the little dance to my step as I search the pantry for some vanilla extract for the cookies.

Today's the day. It's Christmas Eve, I have the ice skating rink all booked out, I have dinner reservations set for afterwards, and I have her gifts under the tree all fancy and ready for her.

The ring is in the secret pocket of my sweatshirt that's currently hanging up in my room. Where my, hopefully, soon to be fiancée is still sleeping.

This last week and a half has been so relaxing for me and Isadora. We both get regular calls from Jack and Vanessa, letting us know how things are running. But it's nice to not worry about anything. Just be together, with my family, and have fun.

My gaze lands on the small bottle of vanilla extract and I snatch it from the cupboard, humming to the song on the radio as I make my way over to the kitchenmaid mixer. After twisting the cap off, my eyes track every drop that falls into the smooth looking cookie dough. Isadora better fall in love with my cookies.

Maybe my cooking and baking can be an excuse to marry me?

"Cookies? At 7:00am?"

A chuckle leaves my chest at the familiar voice of none other than, the one and only smartass. "Amara. Morning," she grins at me as she walks into my sight line, her hair still a mess on her head, sweatshirt still rumpled from sleep, and her, well, Kingston's sweatpants a little uneven on her legs, paired with her socks.

What is it with women and their sleeping with socks? I'll never understand it.

"Not still sleeping? Thought Taelynn woke you up?" Amara lets out a soft laugh before jumping up to sit on the island counter, "King got her back to sleep, said he wanted me to get as much rest as I could."

That's my brother.

"Good. Sometimes you get grumpy." Amara gasps at me dramatically, leaning over when I'm in reach to slap my shoulder playfully, "Grumpy old man." I grin at her, "Smartass."

She kicks her feet back and forth, looking over the mixer as the extract smooths out in color. The smile on her face something I'm so used to seeing now. All because of Kingston.

"Kingston is a good father," I chime, glancing over my shoulder at my sister-in-law as she stares out the window at the dark sky, fresh snowfall sitting in the front tears. "Yeah," she whispers, such love-filled eyes as she watches the snowflakes, "He's amazing with Tae, loves her to death," she pauses and looks over at me, "Have you...ever thought about being a father?"