Eight.

I let go of him, as I realized what I had done. 'I'm sorry, I should go.' I said. A smile appeared on my face. I ran off to the tables the others sat on. 'Where were you?' I saw the girl, she had been searching for me. I sighed. 'I was with William.' The girl looked at me dead serious. 'I kissed him.' The others looked at me. 'Wow, are you guys, you know.' I shook my head. 'Nope, just a kiss.' What have I done. I thought. I wasn't in love with him. Well, not yet. After a while, the familiar sound of children, flooded into my ears. 'Well, time to get to work.' Before I knew William was holding on to my hand. 'Do I need to work?' I asked. He gentley ran his fingers through my hair. He gave me that sinister smile again. 'No.' I moved my fingers across his arm. 'I'm scared of you.' I said. 'Then why'd you kiss me?' He asked. 'I don't know what came over me.' He nodded. 'Well, I'm gonna make some designs, for the new place.' 

'What new place?' William looked at me. 'Nothing.' He said. I couldn't see if he was lying or not. He sat down behind his desk. Pulled out a paper and got to work. I had nothing to do. I just stared outside. I saw some kids. One was wearing a cute dress. And one was wearing a black coat. I wonder what it's like to be a child, in these times. My mind got back to William. 'Why'd you kill those kids?' He sighed. 'You'll find out yourself.' He said. 'How could you?' I asked. 'What do you mean?'

'I mean, how could you hurt these innocent children?' He looked away. 'I don't know.' He said. If we weren't in his office. I'd be dead. He twisted a pen in his hands. I could see he was nervous. 'Do I love you?' 

'You shouldn't ask me that.' He said. 'Hello William' Henry came in. 'How are you guys doing today?' He asked the both of us. 'Yeah I'm fine.' William said. His eyes were still pointed at his work. 'Good! Y/n can you come talk to me in my office?' He asked. I could see William's grip on the pen tighten. 'Of course!' I walked with him to his office. 'Am I in trouble?' I asked. 'No, actually I had a question.' I looked at him. And nodded. 'Would you like to learn how to use the springlock suit?' Henry handed me a paper. On the paper there were terms written down. 'What is this?' 

'It's an instruction, on how to use the suit.' I let out a small chuckle. Henry always looked at me in a nice way, like he was smiling. 'Thanks!' I said. He nodded and let me out. I hear what happend with the suits. But I want scared. 'William, what's a springlock failure?'

'A springlock failure, is when the springlocks in the suit activates. If there's a person inside of a springlock suit, while having a springlock failure. They would get crushed. Because the springlocks hold the endoskeleton on the edge of the suit. But if you sweat, cry, or move too much, the springlocks will activate. Causing the endoskeleton to snap into it's original place, crushing the person inside of it.' He said. 'Wow, I totally understood that' I said sarcastically. I was feeling tired, so I laid down. And looked at the ceiling. 'Are you tired?' William asked. 'Yeah.' 

'You can sleep.' He said. 'I can't sleep at day' He nodded. 'Just lay down and relax.' He muttered. 'Do you feel safe here?' His voice was shaky. 'No, I don't.' He sighed. He walked up to me and sat next to me. I placed my head on his lap, as he stroked my hair. 'I still don't like you.' I said. He looked at me dissapointing. 'I don't need you to.' He said kissing my forehead.

'I love you.' He said.