04

I stared at his back as his hands moved in the drawers. My throat felt dry as I took in his every move.

The way his muscles flexed everytime.

The way his coat hugged his body so well.

He was such a baby before. He had grown up well. He was a huge intimidating man now.

I shifted my gaze away pressing my thighs against each other.

This was all so wrong. I just wanted to scream.

"Here." He turned around and handed me a bottle and the documents.

"These products are same." I went through the file looking at the bottle.

No way, the cosmetic product I have been working on my ass off was already made before.

But then something caught my eyes.

I closed the file looking up at him.

He was already staring at me.

His gaze was different. It made me feel so many things in the pit of my stomach.

JUST WHAT THE SERIOUS FUCK!

"This product failed but." He tilted his head poking his inner cheeks.

My gaze never left his face. "Shouldn't that be the reason enough for me to not let it pass again?" I shook my head.

"Sir, our new product is much better. We have worked a lot on it. You can see. It's far better than this one." I spoke confidently.

In a professional way.

For the first time. Without stuttering. Without getting nervous. Without feeling like shit.

"I am the boss. I decide what happens in the company, okay?" He said raising a brow.

"But you can't do that without giving us a chance. Okay, how about this? Give us two weeks. Our team will come up with another product." He tilted his head letting out a scoff.

My breathe hitched at his little sound.
But I shrugged it off. This was not the time for it.

I waited for him to response. Behind my back I was crossing my fingers.

"One week." My head snapped towards him. "One week is too le-" He gave me a certain look which was enough to shut me up and agree with everything.

Believe me if that was the look he gave me, I'd do anything and everything.

"Alright. Thank you." I stood awkwardly not knowing what to do next. My gaze fell on the bottle in my hand.

"Um... I'll keep this." I said turning around. Extending my arm, I placed the bottle where it was but I froze on my spot when I felt his breathe on my neck.

Every single hair on my body raised in all his glory. I gulped the hard lump in my throat. I didn't dare to turn around.

But how long could I stand in this position?

I turned around. Ever so slowly. Only to have his face so close to mine.

And in that moment my mind went foggy. I could only see his eyes and the way his tongue rolled over his pink plum lips.

If I would've never had a taste of them I wouldn't be so desperate to have them against mine once again.

"I.... I'll get going." I said and took a step forward but my foot tangled with something and I lost my balance. I was ready to hit the floor when two arms wrapped around my waist securely and instead of the soft floor I fell on his hard chest.