22

"Why are we at your place?" He shrugged his shoulders walking towards the elevator.

I followed him with my small steps. Gosh, how fast he walks.

"Hey, you said we are going for dinner. Why are we here?" I asked again standing beside him in the lift as he pressed the button to his penthouse.

"Because I don't like to eat food from outside also I don't like to eat alone."

Wait! Hold up!

Weren't those traits mine? Last I remember, Jungkook was a huge fan of restaurants.

Like back then, he could name all the restaurants without any efforts and could give feedbacks of their every dish.

He liked trying new food of different places.

And that statement of his, "I dOn'T liKE eATiNg ALoNe." is so invalid.

He always used to eat alone in peace and silence. He had told me that he likes eating alone because that way he wouldn't be distracted from anyone's stupid talk and will be able to enjoy the food to the fullest.

What a strange theory!

And it was always me who brought my homemade lunch and dragged him to sit with me and eat.

People do change with time.

"You're acting weird." I blurt out playing with my fingers.

"Am I?" He spoke not really wanting me to answer him because he knew he was acting weird.

And all of this only made me believe stronger that something had happened last night.

We walked inside and somehow I didn't feel the need to refuse his offer and walk away.

Eating dinner with him.

The thought alone made tingles in my stomach.

Stupid! Stupid!

"Sit. I'll wash up and come." He said walking towards his room as I sat on the couch.

So we were going to eat in his house. Does that mean he was going to make food himself?

I pulled out my phone scrolling through it to pass some time and it was then when I realized that besides Jungkook's text I had received a text from someone else too.

Ji Hoe: Y/n, I was thinking if we could meet up today...you know why.

"Oh Shit!" I cursed under my breathe dialing the number of that one person.

How can I be so forgetful? What kind of a friend I am?

"Ji Ho. Man. Happy birthday." I spoke feeling extremely sorry because I had forgotten the most special day.

"I'm really very sorry and if you are angry at me I'll make it up to you. I was so busy that I just forgot. And this isn't a reason valid enough. Hey speak something. Are you that angry?"

I said over the call as my brows furrowed. I was panicking inside. And then my muscles relaxed when I heard him laughing.

"Oh my love, calm down. It's alright. We are adults. We'll probably be busy. It's alright. You didn't commit a crime." I pouted clenching my fists.

"You Bitch you scared me." I gritted out. And he totally ignored my words.

"Anyways, can you come?" He asked. And suddenly I went into a dillema. I realize where I was and then my gaze fell on Jungkook who was standing leaning on the door frame with his crossed hands and piercing my soul through his intense gaze.