50

<JK>

"We are a week away from the launch of the product F1812. And you are telling me now that the experiment went wrong?" I yell throwing the file on the table glaring at the man in front of me. I take a deep breath composing myself. "Sir, it was under my examination. Things went wrong at the last moment." Y/n interrupts in between hanging her head low. My eyes soften just for a moment before I am reminded of the consequences of a small mistake.

My personal life doesn't involve in my professional one.

"Miss Y/n, do you realize how big of a mistake you made?" I am not shouting anymore but my voice is relatively high. She stands up bowing at me with an apologetic look on her face. "Sir, I apologize. I promise I'll get it immediately ready. We have samples." I run a hand through my hair dropping it on the table. "You better because if you don't, get ready to pack up and leave my company." She bites her lips and I know that my words are a bit harsh but I don't take them back. I feel like literally slapping myself for shouting at my pretty lady but work is work.

Everyone in the conference room looks at me with wide eyes and y/n with pity in their eyes. I know what they are thinking and what is going to become a gossip. Their everyday gossip of how cruel I am and how I don't treat my girl right or how y/n is unlucky to have me and many more unpleasant comments but no one gives a fuck about it.

I know how my relationship with y/n is and that's all matters.

"Dismiss." I stand up walking out of the room and back to my office.

Exactly opposite to my expectations of resting for even a second on my office chair I am instantly struck by the sharp ringtone of my phone. I groan looking at the screen but nonetheless attend the call and it's a chain of one call after another. I am not even sitting on my chair. I am pacing around the room talking as calmly as I can.

The upcoming event of country's best companies is right on my head and on top of that the recent issue with the product is occupying space in my head.

By the time I end the last call of the day, I am so frustrated that I can't even think anymore. My brain is just a messed up pile of nerves. "Sir, take the rest of the day off." My assistant suggests even though he knows that I can't. But I am grateful that he at least suggested the most relieved options.
I shake my head leaning back on my chair.

"Maybe I'll go back home early." He sighs nodding his head.

As soon as I am back to finishing the paperwork my mind plays tricks on me reminding me of the earlier time when I shouted on y/n. I have always been this way in the office because I don't want people to think that I am being different to them and her as their boss. I don't want them to doubt her abilities on the basis of her being in a relationship with the boss.

Everytime I am so rude and harsh I feel guilty and I can't get that feeling of my mind for the rest of the day.

We have been in a relationship for a year now and everything is lovely between us. Too good to be true but it's true and very real.

By the time I am finished I glance at the time only to find that I am not going to be back home early. It's already past ten. I don't drive back home myself. I let the driver do that. Y/n would already be back at home. Our penthouse. Yes, it's not mine alone. It's ours. We have been living together.

My mood brighten up with the thought of seeing her and cuddling with her in the bed. Maybe take a hot bath in the tub. Maybe do something more. I just need to have her in my arms to feel better.

I rush to my room and find her on the study table working on her laptop. With hushed steps I wrap my arms around her chest keeping my chin on her head. "Baby, what are you doing?" She huffs tugging on my arms. She tilts her head looking at me with a raised brow.