◤XII |Justice's Judgement|

Oh boy...this is one long chapter. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the final stretch.

Also, since we only know what Venti, Zhongli, and Ei look like, the pic above is just a fanart I found of the hydro archon. I think it suits her and honestly the pic kinda matches what I had in mind for what "Varuna" looked like. It's a nice visual to have so I added it in for fun.

--------

Silence. Silence in the laboratory and silence coming from Kunikuzushi. Dottore was maniacally grinning whilst holding one of many syringes in one of his hands. In the other he held a glowing orb that was filled with the young boy's memories. His soul was thankfully still residing within his body, but his memories had been temporarily taken due to the doctor's experiments on him.

Kunikuzushi was slumped against a chair, his eyes lifeless as he stared off into the distance. There were bruises all over his body and his skin had gone pale. It felt like ten million years had passed since he first arrived at Zapolyarny Palace with Pierro when in reality only about two months had passed. Two agonizingly painful months of experiments and this so-called "prep" for a test he knew nothing about.

"Your memories are so interesting, Kunikuzushi! To think that you were so close with Inazuma's heir—oh the drama! A shame you won't be able to find your dear Raijin Narukami. Eugh...the Shogun really had to choose that name for her? Her Majesty quite liked how (Y/n) was when she was just a baby hence why she had been chosen.... Tsk tsk, all that will be solved once we get the remaining two heirs. The little flower, my beloved creation, will soon bloom into a blossoming jewel hahahaha!" The psychotic harbinger talked aloud to himself, laughing over his new findings about Raijin's protector who was sent to retrieve her.

Oh well...it was the Shogun's loss. Kunikuzushi would be turned into a Fatui member. And ever since the little flower resigned from her position as sixth...yes, this boy would be perfect as the new sixth. The Balladeer, Scaramouche. Dottore would fix him right up and make sure the brat passed his test and became a ruthless and sadistic harbinger. Quite the opposite of what he used to be.

"You won't be needing memories of your past life so I'll make sure to seal these behind a locked door of sorts," he mumbled. The doctor walked to the unknowing Kunikuzushi and pressed the palm of his gloved hand against his forehead, transferring the somewhat altered memories into his head. That would wake him back up.

Tossing the empty syringe away into a pile, Dottore watched as the boy's eyes fluttered open, his once childlike eyes now dulled because of the past month's examinations. Kunikuzushi's indigo eyes darted around the room as he groggily stretched his limbs out. His matching long hair was a mess and looked like a bird's nest. He felt very tired and was confused as to where he was for a few seconds before remembering and realising where he was and what had happened.

"I'd love to say that your examinations are over now but, but, but, that was only the first phase. Now we get you ready for the test," Dottore laughed and leaned in close so that Kunikuzushi was forced to stare into his red eyes that were hidden behind a mask (which looked like it was a cow's print) that covered almost all of his face save for his mouth. The close proximity of their faces caused the young boy to lean back in his chair a bit to gain some distance between him and the mad doctor. "So tell me, what do you know of Raijin Narukami? Maybe of...your relationship with her?"

Brows furrowed, the boy shook his head. He glared at the lunatic before deciding to say anything.

"I don't know who or what you're talking about. All I remember is...." he went silent as he tried to flip through his memories. Kunikuzushi had once served the Raiden Shogun, but then under certain circumstances he couldn't recall, was kicked out and left to wander Inazuma as a vagrant. Wandering around the lonely boy searched for something. He couldn't remember what it was, but he recalled that feeling of emptiness in his heart and...the strong desire to find whatever he was searching for. Then he met Pierro one day and everything was history from there.