◤XX |So Close, Yet So Far|

He could see her bright, childish smile and her hair tousled by the wind as sakura petals flew around them in the gardens of Tenshukaku. Scaramouche didn't realise that his arms were still awkwardly positioned around the girl until she lightly punched his chest. A mix between laughter and crying escaped her lips making him freeze up. This was really happening. They were actually going to get the heirs uncombined now. No more running around trying to find answers because they had all the information they needed to execute the plan.

"We're so close!" The heir removed her arms from around Scaramouche, wiggling out of his fiddly grasp. "We just need to get back into Snezhnaya and find that room with their bodies and voila!"

"I hope you have decent disguises for us then," he grumbled, crossing his arms across his chest. "Once we get into our homeland, it's crucial that we don't get caught and we should probably think of a cover up story if anyone questions us."

"Don't worry about the details, Fandango Man. Leave it all up to me," she grinned and turned to face Maram who had been staring off into the darkness, still hung over on the reawakening of his former powers. "Soooo...Maram, seeing as you were able to uh...grant my wish, you think you could appear in front of us if we wished for you to come?" Nodding, the ghost boy floated over so that he was positioned in between the duo before draping his arms around them, making them shiver from his phantom touch.

"I'll be able to appear if you wish to summon me, however, use it wisely. As my power isn't what it once used to be, I won't be able to appear before you more than once as it will take up most of my energy." Once they summoned him, he would be able to reverse Trishna's cursed magic and return the heirs back to normal in their own bodies. Maram would then seal this dangerous technique away so that no one would suffer from this again and he would take the knowledge of Trishna's experiments to his grave when his time comes to turn into dust like his kin. Never in his thousand years of exile from Teyvat, would he think that he'd be returning one last time to grant a wish that would save the world. It made Maram feel a little special.

"That's fine," (Y/n's) grin never faltered from the excitement and adrenaline rush she was feeling. "With the heirs inside of me, I'll be able to summon you at the right time so everything doesn't get wasted. It may take us a bit to er...find the room in which their bodies are being stored, but rest assured Moose and I won't let you down!" Her enthusiasm was kind of rubbing off on Scaramouche as he felt a silver of a smile tug at the edge of his lips. His heart beat a little faster at the thought of being able to see Raijin again. To have her in his arms and bring her safely home to her mother.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Lingering around down here won't do us any good with the time limit we have," he said. (Y/n) paused for a moment before nodding her head.

"Right.... We should hurry back to the surface. It might take us quite a while to get back to Snezhnaya from where we are in Natlan. Curse the Archons for putting Snezhnaya all the way at the top of the world!" She groaned.

"Let's go then," Scaramouche hastily grabbed her arm and tentatively dragged her in the direction they had come from when they first fell down into the Dark Sea. He paused, unsure of how to exactly get back up until he felt the presence of Maram right beside him.

"I can help you get back up. Be careful out there though, (Y/n) and her friend. Do not let Dottore catch wind of what you are doing. In fact," Maram paused. Looking over at the two, he glided over to the heir and pressed two of his fingers against her forehead before retracting his hand away from her, shaking his hand from the non-existent pain wave he'd just experienced from remaining within her memories. Turning to Scaramouche, he did the same thing, retracting his hand away after his work was done.

"The hell did you just do?" The harbinger brushed his own fingers against the spot Maram had touched, not understanding what the god had just done.

"Safety precautions."