◤Part III |The Last Farewell|

Just a heads up: I have to deal with being a senior in high school which includes the annoying thing known as college applications. Those things have been stressing me out and especially since it's October now and November is literally coming up way too soon my focus will be on that stuff. I'll try working on the next chapter, but it may take a bit as I might choose to take some sort of break after college apps are done.

Plus, NaNoWriMo is coming up the day common apps are due (November 1st) in which I have another Genshin fic planned!

--------

In a small and cozy house located in the heart of Snezhnaya's city, a young couple sat together by their fireplace with two of their closest friends. Small lights adorned the ceiling of the living room along with a small pine tree tucked in the corner with decorations all over it.

The young couple (who were newlyweds) were Hikari (L/n) and Zigmund (L/n). Unlike other newly married spouses, Hikari and Zigmund had already had their first child, their first and only daughter months before they'd gotten married. The birth of their little girl was the spark they needed to begin planning their marriage.

"Once upon a time, in a land filled with magic and talking creatures, lived the young princess named (Y/n) (L/n)," Hikari softly spoke to the bundle of joy in her arms. Next to her, her sister Misaki Anderman cracked a smile. Misaki recalled the times when she used to read bedtime stories to her son Kuragari when he was a toddler. The four year old kept insisting that he was too old for bedtime stories, but every now and then he'd cave in. "She lived with her parents, the king and queen and had a wonderful life in the palace. But one day, an evil witch came looking for the princess, demanding for the princess to marry her son."

"Hikari loves telling this story to (Y/n)," Zigmund whispered quietly to his best friend, Wilhelmus Anderman. "Every time she finishes, (Y/n) will chortle and wave her hands around happily."

"Mommy, I'm too old to be listening to fairy tales. I'm a big boy now!" Young Kuragari tugged at the hem of his mother's long skirt which earned him a hush. He pouted, crossing his arms. Secretly, the boy quite enjoyed the story as he liked imagining himself to be the knight in shining armor who protected his little cousin from all sorts of danger.

"Princess (Y/n) didn't want to marry the evil witch's son! She loved her home too much to give it up to someone she didn't know. (Y/n) was a very strong minded princess and more than anything she loved her family and kingdom. And so, she declined the witch's proposal which only infuriated the sorceress. The evil witch vowed revenge on Princess (Y/n) and cast a curse upon her. If she did not find another suitor and marry him before her next birthday, the witch would force the princess into a deep slumber which she could not be woken from.

"Devastated and angry that someone as evil as the witch existed in this world, the princess ran away from home, determined to keep everything she loved so dearly, safe. For many months she wandered around with a group of bandits she befriended. Disguised as one of them, she slowly fell in love with one of the other bandits. Her next birthday was quickly approaching and thus, she revealed herself to the bandit as the princess of her kingdom. Without any hesitation, the princess proposed to the bandit and the two rushed back to her home.

"Enraged by the news that the princess had found another suitor, the witch attended the wedding. It was then that the bandit she fell in love with turned out to be a puppet who'd been turned into a human boy by the witch. He was the witch's 'son' who had once opposed the idea of marrying the princess as he was not filled with evil intent like his guardian. The evil witch was banished by Princess (Y/n) and in the end, she lived happily ever after with her prince charming and loving family. The end," Hikari concluded the fairy tale with a smile. In response, her baby let out a few gurgles and chortles, showing her happiness and enjoyment towards the story.