ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁶

"Do you want your banana back?" I ask quickly, trying to distract him.

Jungkook's eyebrows are furrowed, but when he looks at me his face goes back to normal. He must have not seen anything.

"Nah," Jungkook says, smiling at me.
"My mom always puts bananas in my lunch. I hate them."

"Your loss," I say and peel the banana's yellow skin before taking a big bite out of it.

Jungkook is staring at me, his eyes watching my face intently. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What?" I say.

"I didn't say anything"

"You were staring at me."

"No I wasn't"

"Yes, you were."

Jungkook stands up, not looking at me.
"Come on" he says. "We have to get to class."

After the last two periods of that day, I'm more then ready to good home. I think some of my cuts may have reopened, and I never got the chance to head to a bathroom to look at them.

So Jungkook appears by my side as we walk out to the cars.
"I was thinking, can I come over right now, maybe stay the night?"
I hesitate. Normally I'm ecstatic when Jungkook comes over, but I really needed to be by myself today.

"Can't we do it tomorrow night?" I ask, trying to sound as nice as possible.

Jungkook frowns at me. "Id rather today. My parents are still in the middle of that argument they were having last night."

I stare into his puppy dog eyes and sigh.He knows I can't say no to that. "Fine."

He smiles. "Awesome. I just have to grab my stuff, I'l meet you at your house."

We part ways to get to our separate cars. I sigh again, torn between being happy that Jungkook was coming over and being nervous.

I hit a shit load of traffic on the way home, and I only have time to drop my bag off in my room before I hear the front doorbell ring.

When I open the door to Jungkook, and I can automatically tell that something's off.

"You okay?" I ask him. Jungkook nods and pushes past me into the house.

"I'm fine" he says, mumbling a little as we head up the stairs into my room.

"My parents didn't want me to come. But it's whatever. What do want to do? Netflix? Video games?"

"Um. Netflix. I want to start at the beginning of Supernatural"

"You nerd" He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes. I hate it when his parents do this to him; he doesn't deserve it.

But I don't ask him about it, I just grab my laptop from where it rest on my desk and set it up on the bed for a marathon of Supernatural.

That's where Jungkook and I are four hours later in the dim light of my room. We're surrounded by junk food, and he's sprawled out next to me on the bed. I'm
currently yelling at one of the characters.

"Tae, chill," Jungkook says. "It's not like they're real people"

"They're real to me!"I exclaim. "And he's going to get himself killed!"

"I'm pretty sure they all die a couple times. So don't stress it"

"Whatever" I cross my arms and focus on the show.

After a while, I notice that Jungkook isn't paying attention at all. From the corner of my eyes, I see him look at me, open his mouth like he's going to say something, and then close it again and look back at my laptop. He does this more then once.

After about the fifth time, I sigh and lean forward to pause the show.

"Just spit it out, Kooks" I say with a bit of humor in my voice.
"You've been staring at me for the past 15 minutes."

Jungkook looks nervous. He's playing with his hands, something he only does when he's really anxious.

"If I ask you something, will you promise to not get mad?" His voice is quiet.

"Of course I won't get mad" Why would I? I think to myself, confused.

His Adam's apple bobs up and down as he swallows. He's not looking me in the eyes, and I'm getting really nervous now. Jungkook is rarely this serious.

"Ok" he finally says. "Just- you promise you won't get mad?"
"Yes, I promise. Now, what is it?"

The look on his face makes me think he's going to tell me he's dying or something. Jungkook sits up a little straighter, swallowing again. He takes a deep breath, then says,

"Can I see your wrists?"

~~~~~~~