ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹¹

"I know, but this is nothing, I swear."

"So eat something."

"Jungkook-"I start to protest, but he interrupts.

"Please? For me?"

Looking into his pleading eyes, I find myself caving. I sigh and stand up, going into the pantry and taking out a box of cereal. I make a big show of pouring a bunch into a bowl and adding milk. Then I grab a spoon and sit down again.

Jungkook continues to stare at me as I shove a bunch of cereal into my mouth. Once he sees me swallow and take another bite, he finally picks up his own fork and eats his egg.

I roll my eyes with a little bit of
annoyance. Sometimes I wish he didn't care so much about me. No, I don't wish that, actually. What wish is that he would care about me in a different way, in a non-friend way. I'm way too in love with him for my own good.

"Why're you staring at me?" Jungkook's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"What?" I ask.

He speaks with a mouthful of food.
"You're staring at me."

"No, I'm not. And don't talk with food in your mouth, it's gross"

He grins, showing me a mouthful of food.
"I do what I want."

"You're disgusting."

He laughs and stands up, taking his now empty plate off food the table and putting it in the dishwasher. I look down at my bowl of cereal.

Almost there, I think to myself. I'm starting to feel a little sick, the result of never eating enough. But I have to prove to Jungkook that I don't have a problem.

Because l don't.

"You don't have to finish it." Jungkook says from by the sink.

I look up at him. He's leaning up against the counter, watching me.

"I just wanted you to eat a little bit" he continues. "I'm not going to force you to eat all of it."

"No, it's okay;' I say and take another bite.

I can do this.

A few minutes later, the bowl of cereal is finished. I stand up from the table and take the dishes with me, putting them in the sink.

Jungkook is smiling at me, and it kind of makes me feel like a little kid who ate all of his vegetables, but let's be honest here. I'd love anything Jungkook did.

"Supernatural?" I ask, and he laughs.
It's around 3:30 later that day, and our continued marathon of Supernatural is interrupted by Jungkook's phone ringing. He doesn't check to see who it is, and picks up with a cheery "Hello?"

Considering the way his face falls right after,I can assume it's either his mom or dad. He's listening with a completely blank face, occasionally saying things like,
"I'm sorry," and "It won't happen again."

After a few minutes of this, he hangs up and sighs heavily.
"I'm so sorry" he tells me, looking upset.

"They're really mad that I stayed the night. Even though I told them and they saw me leaving the house, but it's whatever. And they're even madder that I skipped, so it looks like our awesome weekend is cancelled"

"Oh"I can't say that I'm not disappointed.

"Are you sure you can't get away later?"

"Maybe. I hope so. I might have to end up sneaking out after they go to bed"

That makes me a little happier. Jungkook grabs his bag from off the floor, and I walk him to the front door.

"Hey" he say softly before opening the door. "You'll be okay, right?"

I smile a little. "Of course."

"Promise? And you'll text me if you need anything?"

"Certain. Trust me."

Jungkook hesitates, and then pulls me into a gigantic hug. I sigh and relax in his arms, enjoying the warmth and comfort.

"ll see you later, okay?" he whispers in my ear.

I nod against his chest.

"And don't let anything your dad says get to you, okay?" I say in return.

He smiles, and then to my complete and utter surprise, he suddenly kisses me on the forehead before pulling away and walking out the front door.

Well..

That's new

~~~~~~~