27

Mrs.Chou went into the house with Tzuyu and Taehyung. That night, Mrs.Chou will stay with them.

The three of them went to the living room and sat on the sofa.

"Mom, when did you come back to Korea?" Taehyung asked.

Mrs.Chou smiled. "A few hours ago. And I decided to go straight to your dad's house." She replied.

Tzuyu frowned.

"But, it's a bit weird when you suddenly show up at dad's house." Tzuyu said.

"Yup. I know. I came back here because I have something to do." Mrs.Chou added while smiling.

Taehyung and Tzuyu glanced at each other. "What is it, mom?" Tzuyu asked this time.

The old and elegant woman stay quiet for a while. She didn't know if this is the good way or not. The love birds still waiting of her answers.

Mrs.Chou sighed. Finally she opened her mouth.

"Actually, in New York...I accidently bumped into Dr.Park." she told them.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows while Tzuyu shook her head. "Who's that?" Taehyung asked.

"Well, she is your stepmom's doctor, Tzuyu."

Tzuyu raised one of her eyebrows. Irene's mother? Taehyung becomes more curious. "What's wrong with her?" Taehyung asked again. Mrs.Chou licked her lower lip.

She didn't know how to tell them.

"She told me something. At first, I ignored her because you guys know.that I don't care about Irene with her mother at all. But, when she tried hard to approach me, I feel like there was something important. So I gave her a chance to explain it." she continued.

"Then?" Tzuyu crossed her arms.

"She told me that..Jinnie died not because of her cancer."

Tzuyu froze. What did she just hear right now? She widened her eyes. Taehyung shook his head and reply. "Then, what's the reason?"

Mrs.Chou shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know but she said that she drank poison. And that's why she died," she added.

"So, I came here to tell you guys this news. I hope you guys can keep it a secret." Mrs.Chou holds Tzuyu and Taehyung's hands together.

Tzuyu and Taehyung look at each other before staring at the old woman again.

"But why?" ask Tzuyu.

"Because I want to find out by myself. Let me handle this. If I need your help, I will inform you guys. Please?" she said again.

Taehyung smiled and nodded. "Sure, mom," he replied. Tzuyu then nodded too after hearing her husband's agreement.

Mrs.Chou smiled back. "Thanks. So, where's my room? I wanna go to sleep. It's getting late."

"Let me send you, mom."

Tzuyu and Mrs.Chou get up and went upstairs. Leaving Taehyung there alone. Taehyung rubbed his chin while thinking.

"That's weird."

Joy and Irene went out of the restaurant. Both of them just had lunch together.

"Babe, are you sure you wanna do this? I mean..yeah, your first plan failed. But, this time your plan seems-"

"What?" Irene cut Joy's words.

She glared at her friend. Joy quickly shook her head and look away. "Nothing," she mumbled.

Irene flipped her hair and crossed her arms. "Joy-ah, I'm your best friend, right? So I know you will support me," she said softly while staring at her.

Joy cleared her throat and nodded. "Um, yeah." she just agreed with Irene. Irene smiled brightly and hug her arm. "Let's go shopping!" she pulled Joy.

Joy just smiled forcedly and follow her. Both of them get into Irene's car. Joy still thinking about Irene's plan.

The truth is, that she wants to tell Tzuyu the truth. But, she's afraid of Irene. She admits that. All she can do is sigh and let Irene be.

"You think, when should I go to his office?" Irene asked made Joy startled.

She hummed a little. "Hm, I-I think..maybe next week?" she said. Irene frowned. "It's a long time, babe."

Joy sighed. "Irene, if we wanna do something, we must be patient. Let them be happy first then you go with your plan," she muttered.

Irene gasped. She then chuckles.

"Yeah, you are right. Thanks, babe." she winked at Joy.

Joy faked a smile at her and look outside the window. She shook her head secretly.

Suddenly her phone rang. Joy take out her phone and stared at the caller. She then glanced at Irene before answering the call.

"Yes?"

"Joy, I'm here in Korea. Can we meet now? "

Joy blinked twice. She the nod. "Okay. Wait for me at the usual place. I will come right now." she said and ended the call.

Irene looks at her while frowning. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Um, Irene I'm sorry. But can we cancel our outing today? I have some urgent meeting with my client." Joy said.

Irene shrugged her shoulders. "Fine then. You want me to send you o-"

"It's okay. Stop here. I will take a bus." Joy smiled.

"Alright." Irene stopped her car at the near store.

Joy then got out of her car and waved at her. "Bye! And thanks!" she shouted a little. Irene just smile and nodded.

Then, the pretty girl drives away. Joy let out a deep breath before she walked. She will meet someone near there.

So she didn't need to take a bus.

Joy went into one restaurant and search for table number 34. After she found the table, she saw one woman sitting there. Waiting for her.

She quickly went to her and bowed. "Sorry if I'm late," she said.

"Ah, It's okay. You are not late. Sit." the woman said.

Joy nodded and sat opposite her. She bites her lower lip. The woman stared at her.

"So..do you have something to tell me about. Bae Joohyun?"

Joy looks down.

"Uh, Mrs.Chou.."