35

Irene rubbed her right cheek roughly. She then stared at herself using the mirror in front of her.

She smirked.

"Settle. Wow, his lips are sweet too." she chuckles.

While she was staring in the mirror, someone knocked on the door. Irene rolled her eyes and went to open the door.

She saw one of the maids bow at her.

"Mr.Chou was calling you to went downstairs." the girl said and bow back.

Then she went away. Irene sighed and she went downstairs. Her eyes widened when she saw Mrs.Chou, Taehyung, and Chaeyoung in the living room with Mr.Chou.

She walks closer to them. Trying to act innocent.

"Yes, dad?" she asks.

Mr.Chou turned and stared at her. That makes Irene nervous a little.

"Mind explaining what happen?" Mr.Chou asks coldly.

Irene blinked twice before she chuckles. "What? Explain what?" she makes a puzzled face.

Taehyung stared at her coldly before he punched the table hardly. Make everyone shocked, especially Irene.

The maids also look down.

"Don't try to act cool, you slut!" he yelled at Irene.

Chaeyoung holds Taehyung's arm, telling him to calm down. Then she glared at Irene. She slowly walk to the girl and crossed her arms.

"You heard that? Your dad was asking you to explain everything that you did. Ah, my wrong. It's stepdad." Chaeyoung smirked.

The others just let Chaeyoung speak. The reason why Mrs. Chou brought Chaeyoung together because Chaeyoung seems scary and can force Irene roughly to explain everything.

Irene bite her lower lip and shook her head. She looks at Mr.Chou. "Nothing, Dad." she lied.

Chaeyoung clenched her fist before she glanced at Mr.Chou. "Sorry if I look bad and did it too rough," she said.

Then, she looks at Irene back. Chaeyoung pulled Irene's hair roughly making the pretty girl scream.

"Ouch! Hey, let me go, you bitch!!" she screamed.

Chaeyoung didn't let her go. She just smiled innocently. "Tell your stepdad or I will not let you go," she replied.

Irene didn't obey her. She still didn't explain what she had just done at Taehyung's office. She just holds the pain.

Chaeyoung raised one of her eyebrows and nodded. "Seems she will not tell you, ahjusshi." she looks at Mr.Chou.

Finally, Chaeyoung let her go but she pushed her. Irene glared at her.

"Who are you to pull my hair?!" she shouted at Chaeyoung.

"Well, I'm a human," Chaeyoung said coldly.

Mr.Chou sighed. "I know everything. How could you do that to your stepsister." his voice was full of disappointment.

Irene finally laugh. She can't act anymore. They caught her. Taehyung stared at Irene, full of hate.

"How could I? Dad! Don't you see how hard I try to accept you and Tzuyu in my life?! I hate it when I have to call you with the 'dad' word! I only have one dad in my life!" she shouted like a mad girl.

"And Tzuyu has ruined my life! She stole Taehyung from me! He's mine!"

"Since when I'm yours?!" Taehyung yelled at her again, but this time he was so mad at her.

Maybe all the neighbors can hear his voice. Mrs.Chou rubbed his back. "I've told you! Our relationship has ended one year ago! Besides, I didn't love you! I only love Tzuyu!" he continued.

Irene glared at him. Taehyung's chest went up and down because he was angry. To be honest, it's the first time he act like this.

He was too mad when Irene try to ruin his marriage with Tzuyu. "I don't love you!" Taehyung repeated it.

Mrs.Chou cleared her throat and finally, she spoke up. "I know what have you done to your mother," she said.

Irene widened her eyes. Her facial expression changed. Mr.Chou frowned. "What do you mean?" he asked.

Mrs.Chou throws one brown-colored file on the table. Mr.Chou take it and opened the file. He started to read it. He then looks at Mrs.Chou in disbelief.

"What is this? Jinnie died because o-"

"Poison. Someone put in her foods and drinks." Mrs.Chou cut off his words.

Irene laughed a little. "What are you talking about, crazy old woman?" she asked rudely.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "Watch your mouth before I kick your ass," she warned her. Irene ignored Chaeyoung.

"You killed your mother. Am I right, my dear stepdaughter?" Mrs.Chou smirked and she slowly said the word stepdaughter.

Irene quickly shook her head and laugh. "Why should I do that to my mother?!" she raised her voice.

"Because she married with ahjusshi! And you didn't allow it here! You are such a fucking bitch." Chaeyoung cursed at Irene.

Mr.Chou stared at Irene in disbelief. "Is that true?" he asks.

Irene stays quiet. Taehyung smirked. "It's okay. We have proof. Come in." Taehyung said and suddenly, someone entered the house.

Joy.

Irene's eyes widened again. She slowly shook her head. Joy ignored her and stop walking. She was standing beside Chaeyoung.

"Irene killed her mother. I saw it. She put the poison inside the food and drinks. Then she gave it to Mrs.Bae. This is the pictures that I've snapped before."

Joy then gave the pictures. Irene gasped. She glared at Joy. "How dare you?!" she shouted.

"Sorry." Joy said without tone.

"You are not my best friend!" Irene said in anger.

Joy smile. "It's okay. But you are my best friend and still. I love you that's why I did this. I just want the old Bae Joohyun. Not the new one. You are a different person." Joy muttered.

Irene grabbed one pot and throw it.

Pang!

It's broken.

"Go away!!!" she shouted again.

Mrs.Chou shakes her head. "Not just like that, Irene-SSI." after saying that, two cops entered the house and arrested Irene.

Irene protested. She tried to release herself but she can't.

"Let me go!!" she yelled but they ignored her.

She keep screaming and finally, they brought her to the police station.

Mr.Chou sighed. "What the.." he mumbled.

Taehyung went closer to him and rubbed his back. Chaeyoung smiled and patted Joy's shoulder.

Mrs.Chou stared at her ex-husband coldly.

"Regret now, huh?" she smirked before going out of the house.

"Mom!"

Taehyung sigh.