29.

Arsalan was having a bad day back to back. Yesterday things went down with Sofia without actually intending on hurting her but things took a turn that he ended up doing exactly that and now he got an urgent call from his secretary saying he needs to be here asap as it's bad news.

Arsalan hasn't a heard bad news in years for the company as it has been sailing smoothly all this long but things have been changing currently which has raised his suspicion about certain people that could cause his company some troubles and his guts told him this could be the trouble he had been getting the nagging feeling of from the start of the year.

The car roared as he pressed the gas pedal exhilarating his speed to eighty on the highway. Cutting his way through vehicles muttering profanities under his breath whenever someone comes in his way. It was rush hour and usual traffic was expected but Arsalan wasn't up for that. He didn't have time to even spend a minute waiting to get a clear path so he took the service road to get to his destination.

Zaid was on a flight to Japan today, his second big meeting with the international investor of Paradise Lux, for keeping them with the company he had to go and give a new proposal the company had come up with and Arsalan could not concern him with whatever the bad news was even though he knows very well that it will reach him anyway. He just doesn't want him to lose his focus and unnecessarily worry about him distracting himself in the process.

His car screeched to a halt as it reached Paradise Lux's headquarters. The guard immediately runs towards his car, opens and holds the door for Arsalan to get down. Nodding at the guard he strides towards the lobby and then straight to the elevator not giving any sort of attention to the passerby whether they be his employees or someone else he wasn't in the right mind to greet every one of the people he sees on the floor. The adrenaline rush to be at his office cabin and get done with the bad news was heavier upon him than anything else.

His entire posture and aura were dangerously menacing. No one dared to approach him as he passed by the hallways of his cabin floor. Everyone could feel his dark aura in their bones. Everyone feared this sight of him where his face contoured nothing but a deep frown, eyebrows bunched together, jaw painfully set that the veins in his temple were visible, his steel-grey eyes cold as ice might freeze anyone or anything that tried to come in his way or go against him.

He pushed open his office door with a force that bumped loudly against the wall and then with the same force he shuts the door upon seeing his secretary standing and waiting for him.

Without wasting the time he straight away asked her "what is it?"

His furiously cold voice raises goosebumps all over Misha's body; she braces herself before telling him the bad news.

"Our new project plan got leaked" without beating around she dropped the news "the rival company has it they had launched it today"

Arsalan turned to her after hanging his coat on the stand he opened his mouth to say but she beat him "there's more" he raised his left eyebrow for her to continue "they are trying to take away our intact investors by proposing them with huge benefits"

"Then they aren't intact if they choose to go against us," Arsalan said with a straight face that had no emotions which puzzled her to think if he was cool with it or was furiously angry about it. 

"We will lose about twenty percent of our shares sir if they decide to go with them! We must do something" Misha exclaimed, not able to believe the unfairness towards them.

"I had somewhat expected this to happen" Arsalan placed his hands on his desk threading his fingers together he said, "did it go into the media?"

Misha chewed her inner cheeks "it did. Surprisingly fast"