57.

𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓸𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽

Soft rays of sun grazed his skin and reached his closed eyes gently teasing him to stir awake from his sleep. Arsalan brings his arm to his closed eyes, shielding himself from the rays, but they already did their magic of waking him up. He brings his hand to rub off the sleep from his face before opening his eyes, and then he tries to bring his other hand to get off the bed. That's when he feels a weight pressing down on his left hand he moves his head to the side only to feel an overwhelming burst of feelings tightening his chest. 

What did he deserve to have such a beautiful view right after waking up?

Because the view was so breathtakingly beautiful, if he could, he would've painted it so that he could see it daily to relive it. 

Arsalan's heart ached with the way Sofia was comfortable in his arms peacefully resting her head on them. Her soft breath was tickling against his skin like a gentle caress both of her hands were tucked to her chest. She looked so serene–so beautiful. 

And she was all his. 

There was a time when she could have decided to give up on him because he couldn't treat her better and yet she fought against him just to bring him on his knees for her. 

He would be on his knees again and again for eternity if it meant having her by his side just the way she was right now all peaceful and content in his arms. 

Nothing was more beautiful than waking up to someone by your side who has suddenly become your world.

He adored her a little more, staying in the same position trying his best not to make any movement that might break her peaceful sleep and snatch away his opportunity to admire her, but once he was satisfied, he decided to wake her up half-heartedly. 

“Sofia” he crooned softly, nudging her with his left arm on which she had rested her head. 

She responds with an annoyed sound and goes back to sleep again. He chuckled softly at that. She is a tough one. 

“You sure you wanna get late for work wifey?” Knowing how punctual she is. It will make her regret not being able to reach her company at her usual time. 

She protests again, annoyingly moving on his side to settle back into her slumber, but fails. She groans against him and makes what sounds like an irritated cry she gives up trying to sleep again. 

Arsalan pressed a soft kiss on her forehead “It's fine if you didn't go to Sapphire today. You absolutely need to rest with the way you have exhausted yourself”

Arsalan feels her shake her head against him and then hears her murmur “I have slacked a lot of work in the name of Zaid’s reception” 

She then pushes herself to roll on her back, and instantly, her eyes widen at how close they are to each other when she feels his body heat radiating to her, and the simple idea of being this close to him heats her body up for a totally different reason. 

“No wonder I thought in my sleep why was my pillow this hard?” she mutters under her breath, trying to hold herself from looking over at him, but she might have said it louder because she heard those hearty laughs that he barely gives. Sure, there had been smiles and chuckles, and they were beautiful but not as devastating as his laugh, which made her turn her head to look at him and what a delightful mistake it was, one that she might want to do again and again every morning. 

There she looked at him with pure adoration in her brown eyes, taking in this gorgeous-looking man whose grey eyes shone brighter than the usual steel cold, the corner of his eyes crinkling, his plump lips stretched in a heart-stopping smile directed at her and God, she melted at that sight. If Arsalan ever wants to win an argument or get his way out, he could just smile like that, and she will give in without any fight.