9.

The atmosphere of the meeting room felt stiff as everyone had held their breath and if anyone dares to even take a little breath they will meet with the wrath of their arrogant grumpy boss who had the look of killing someone there and there if anyone utters a word. The employees of Paradise Lux had gathered for a meeting in the headquarters for the upcoming resort project but with the face that Arsalan had pulled looked like that the meeting won't go smooth.

The deep frown on Arsalan’s face made the person standing for the presentation go still in his place he wasn’t able to move from his place afraid that he will do something wrong and his anxiety wasn't making anything easier for him.

“Yes, Mr Nouman should I wait for another minute for you to start with the presentation?” Arsalan asked the poor boy who looked like he would faint anytime soon. Arsalan doesn’t like to yell at his employees but his seriousness and low growl in his voice make them scared enough of him. Today he was on a mission and was not in a good mood.

“N-No sir, right away sir” the guy licked his chapped lips and turned his head towards the projector to start with his presentation while trying to gain back his voice which had sounded pretty low while starting the presentation clearing his throat he started again.

“Good morning everyone I am Nouman Siddiqui here to present you the new project of our company that is named Daffodil Lux…”

Everyone in the meeting listened to the presentation with utter seriousness no one wanted to look like they weren’t interested or something and Arsalan knew that very well as he moved his eyes from one person to another they stopped at one particular person that he has been doubting for a month now. Siraj Rahmani. Arsalan narrowed his eyes at him taking in all his body movements as he suspects something is on with this man who is acting like he is giving all his attention to the presentation. Siraj squirms on his seat uncomfortably as he felt a burning gaze on his head but doesn’t have the guts to turn around and look at his boss.

As soon as the presentation end Arsalan gave some good words to Nouman for his work then he immediately turned towards Siraj. Zaid who has been noticing Arsalan from the start of the meeting knew that Arsalan is up to something today. Arsalan had shared his doubts and concerns with Zaid before and Zaid too somewhat had the doubts that someone within the company is making things troublesome for them.

“So Mr Rahmani what do you think about the project?” Arsalan’s cool composed voice raised the hairs in the back of Siraj's neck. He jumped on his seat upon hearing his name from a voice he had been avoiding since the start of the meeting.

Arsalan noticed his uneasiness and knew the culprit might soon do some mistake that will cost him his own doom. “Yes, Mr Rahmani I am waiting to have feedback from you?” Arsalan once again asked him in the same composed voice and Zaid was the only one who knew the anger behind that very composed voice.

Everyone gave a wired look at Arsalan thinking why would an accountant’s feedback be needed when there were managing team, designing team, marketing team, the sales team but the accountant’s opinion didn’t make any sense to them.

Clearing his throat slowly Siraj lift his gaze to Arsalan and when they met with the stormy grey once he felt a dreading shiver running down in his body. By now Siraj clearly knows that Arsalan is sure about him being the one jeopardizing his company. Gulping the lump in this throat Siraj said, “S-sir I think…the project is great and the budget that you have set for the project is a correct one in my opinion the company has been in immense profit from past few years so I don’t see any kind of a problem with the money we put on the new project which ultimately will bring more profits in future plus the accounts that required to be handle will, of course, be my duty to look through and I will definitely do my best in it…” Siraj keeps on rambling his nervousness was clearly visible and Arsalan was just waiting for that one mistake that will bring the end of his career.