Chapter 36

Shadow froze. Those words sounded so familiar. Shadow prepared to protect herself, water floating about her hands. She turned quickly towards the voice, eyes glowing dangerously at the intruder.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my room?"

Frigga felt the magical presence of this woman the minute she entered Asgard through the Bifrost. Her magic was powerful, and maybe the little girl didn't know it. Frigga smiled as Shadow's powers and glowing eyes didn't intimidate her.

"What are you doing in my son's room child?" Her playful tone confused Shadow.

Shadow glanced around, looking at every piece of furniture within the room. "I'm in Thor's room?" Shadow's face turned to disgust as she didn't want to be in her soulmates brothers room.

Frigga laughed and outstretched her arms, directing Shadow's eyes to what she was pointing at. "No my child. You need to be more observant. What about this room tells you this is not Thor's...but someone else's?"

Shadow decided to keep her magic at bay and study the room further. "Green and gold accents...books...it just screams sophistication and elegance to me...which yes Thor is not." Shadow finished laughing with the woman in front of her. Then she suddenly realized. "Wait...is this...Loki's room?"

Frigga smiled brightly, her eyes looked around her as if she was remembering memories of her and Loki together. "Yes my dear. This is Prince Loki's room. I knew it would be the safest place for you."

Shadow narrowed her eyes at the woman, "You sound familiar...and you feel familiar..."

"I thought you would have figured it out by now."

Shadow stood awkwardly in her gear, standing in front of such a beautiful woman. "Well...I thought you were an intruder at first. Sorry about that."

Frigga walked forward and patted Shadow on the cheek. The soft hands of the Queen caressed Shadow's face and she looked lovingly into her eyes. "I am very grateful for the chance you have given my son, even before you knew of you being bonded together. I wish we could have met under different circumstances."

Shadow stared into the woman's beautiful blue eyes, feeling as though she felt like a mother to her already. Shadow closed her eyes and leaned into the woman's hands. "Did something happen to Loki?"

Frigga sighed as she knew she shouldn't lie to the girl. "The Allfather...my husband King Odin, changed his mind about Loki's sentencing. He ordered Thor to bring him here under the pretenses that Loki would help Thor win back peace in the realms, but it was a trick. The King put him in the cells. I tried to reason with him but he wouldn't listen. Usually I can persuade him but he has gotten unusually stubborn lately."

Shadow realized she had been standing before the Queen and frantically goes to bow. "Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry your Highness."

"Shadow darling, it is fine. You do not have to bow before me. Yes I am the queen, but you are my daughter now. Please, just call me Frigga." The Queens light hearted laugh made Shadow stand upright and smile.

She looked at the regal woman with blue eyes and waist length golden hair.

She just said that I was her daughter.

Frigga looked at her gear and smirked. "You must be a pretty good warrior other than your magic skills."

Shadow looked down at her gear then back up at the Queen. "Uhh yes I guess you could say that."

Frigga walked closer and reached for the daggers at Shadow's hips, "And you appreciate daggers like my son. You two are seeming more and more alike as we go."