Chapter 65

Three days had past and the Avengers had been working and hanging out like normal around the tower. Tony and Bruce spent many hours in the lab working with the scepter. Clint was fully recovered and was spending some time training with Natasha. Steve and Sam were working with Fury and Hill on finding out anymore information on the twins.

Thor was spending more time with the beloved trio. He was inevitably annoying Loki, but the trickster appreciated it since Thor was planning to take the scepter back to Asgard. Bucky was warming up to Thor gradually. Bucky didn't like his loud presence at first, but seeing how Shadow reacted around them made him think of his family and the familial dynamic he felt with Steve.

Tony had asked Pepper to prepare the celebration for them before Thor went off world. She gladly accepted the honor, planning out a more relaxed soirée so that the heroes could actually enjoy their victory. Sure there would be important people joining, but it wouldn't be like the ball they had thrown last time.

Shadow sat comfortably in the common area that was already transformed into a more suitable arrangement for the party. Loki and Bucky surrounded her like usual, and Thor sat directly across from them. They were all snacking on the finger foods Pepper had brought up, discussing about Thor's plans for when he was leaving.

"I hope you know to behave while I'm gone, brother." Thor challenged, leaning back with his arms spread on the side of the couch. Loki rolled his eyes, his lips forming into a playful smirk.

"Yes. How could I forget when you remind me every waking moment of my day?"

Shadow snorted at his remark. "I really don't think you have to worry about him Thor. I think Bucky and I can keep him in check."

Thor smiled widely. "Oh I know you can handle him well enough, sister." He wiggled his eyebrows causing a blush to appear on Shadow's cheeks. Loki and Bucky both noticed, remembering their actions that had occurred in the privacy of their own bedrooms.

Light footsteps could be heard coming down from the lab. They all turned their heads to see Tony finally descending the stairs. As he rounded the corner, he threw up a smile. To Shadow it seemed almost faked, the dark circles seemed to be more prominent and he seemed tense. Nonetheless, he still looked as if he was in a good mood.

"Time to party children! Everyone go get ready." He waved them off, almost skipping to the elevator. He was surely happy to have any excuse to drink.

"Don't forget that we are still older than you Stark." Bucky called out, annoyed he had just been called a child.

Tony stepped into the elevator and turned to make sure Bucky saw his annoyance. "Oh, cheer up old man. I will have your orange juices chilled to perfection for you. Let me know when someone needs to change your adult diaper." The elevator doors closed, keeping Bucky from throwing out another comeback.

Bucky pointed at where he disappeared, and looked between the three others. "Did he just go from calling us children, to saying I was in adult diapers?"

Shadow couldn't hold in her laughter at this point. "Ha- yes. It's okay babe. You're mighty fine for an old man." Her sultry voice fell upon their ears as she eyed Bucky up and down. Her eyes were mentally undressing him, recalling everything that had happened the last few nights. Thor noticed this and jumped out of his seat.

"See you all at the party! I'm going to change...again." His voice was shaky as he ran away, not getting out fast enough.

The three laughed and made their way to their own rooms to get ready. Shadow placed long kisses against both of their lips, promising to return to them once she was ready. Natasha had appeared in her room, squealing about how she wanted to help her friend get ready. They showered and pampered themselves, allowing their muscles to relax under the warm water and lotions they applied to their skin. They were talking back and forth about the party when Shadow heard a strange buzzing sound.