PDA AND PUKE

While Ethan's stepfather orders his men to get rid of the bodies in the situation room, Lucas and I interrogate Eden and her mom to gather what information we can. Starting with where the happy couple was last seen. And from what I can gather, nothing out of the ordinary happened until they left to go visit Zara's parents. When they returned, they weren't themselves.

"Where do her parents live?" I ask. "We'll need an address."

Reluctantly, Ethan's stepdad steps forward to provide us with an address. A worried expression on his face.

"I want my niece back here in one piece. If a single hair is harmed on her head-"

"We'll bring Ethan back in one piece too," I cut him off. Then in the most condescending tone I can scrape up, I add, "You know... just in case you were worried about him, too."

"O-of course," he nods. Looking at Ethan's mom and flashing her a nervous smile. "We would like them both returned to us safely."

I bet...

Ignoring him, I take the piece of paper he wrote the address and phone number for Zara's parents down on, and we head back out to our cars.

"Wait!" Eden calls out from behind us. "I'm coming with you."

"Like hell," Lucas protests.

"Look, if you find them, you'll need to tell if Ethan is truly Ethan, and I am the only way you can do that."

Lucas argues when I grab Eden's stuff and toss it in the car.

"She's got a point." I tell him.

He grumbles, mumbling something about backstabbing best friends under his breath before he climbs into the car. The engine roaring to life to match his attitude.

"I haven't forgiven either of you yet, but man am I glad to see your faces." Eden tells us. "It's been a real 'twilight zone' around here."

"Did Ethan or Zara say anything to you before they left? Did they express any concerns? Maybe about the baby." Lucas probes her.

"What baby?" She frowns.

"Zara's baby."

"Zara has a baby?"

Lucas and I exchange glances. Because... what the hell? If Zara isn't pregnant, and she and Ethan disappeared shortly after arriving back home, who the hell have I been talking to?

"Aden told me the Syndicate was removed from Ethan's protective detail. When did that happen?" I asked.

"The moment we got back. There's this jackass, William, who's now head of the firm that governs our family business. He felt the old Syndicate was too loyal to Ethan to do what needed to be done, when they should be loyal to the crown." She explains.

"Ethan is the crown." Lucas frowns.

"Yes, and no. The crown is the crown. And the person wearing it is usually the person in power, but the firm advises the crown. Which begs the question... who's really in power here?"

"And this William... he removed the Syndicate from Ethan's protective detail. A protective detail who has been around Ethan since they were kids and would've known Ethan wasn't Ethan."

Eden slowly turns to look at me with worry in her eyes. Giving away the fact that she hadn't put that little puzzle piece together yet.

"I suppose so." She nods.