ALI-BOLECTOR

It isn't long before Vivienne can be heard screaming my name. She bursts into my room in full witch mode, with several witches behind her, ready for a fight.

"Trudy's dead." She grits out. Her eyes trained on me. "Where's your sister?"

"I don't know. But even if I did, I wouldn't tell you." I reply.

"You and Lucas gave me your word!" She shouted at us.

"Yeah. And we kept it. We haven't laid a hand on Trudy."

"But you know who did." Vivienne glowers at us. "Don't you?"

There's no way I'm going to out Lexie and my friends feel the same.

"How do you even know Trudy is dead?" I ask. Curious.

"Because I felt the bond between us die." She replies. Doubt creeping into her mind about our involvement.

"Couldn't someone have simply interrupted the frequency or cut the feed to it?"

"I guess." She nods. Her mind racing with the possibilities. Desperately wanting to cling to the hope that her sister is still alive.

For my own personal reasons, so do I. Because Lexie may be a lot of things, but she's not a killer. I'm worried if she actually killed Trudy she won't be able to live with herself.

"Alison Alexander?" A tall man appears in the doorway of my room.

"That's me." I nod.

"Your presence has been requested by the supernatural council. I'm afraid I'm going to need you to come with me."

Pushing past my friends, several men in similar black suits filter into my room. Surrounding me like I'm Ali-bolector. While my friends watch in shock, I am escorted from my room to a car waiting out front. There, I am blindfolded and taken to an unknown location where I am forced to kneel on what feels like a wooden platform.

When my blindfold is removed, I am indeed kneeling on a circular wooden platform, with rows and rows of chairs surrounding me in a circular fashion. And the chairs are filled with supernatural creatures.

"Do you know you're here?" A woman I don't recognize asks.

"Surprise birthday party?" I deadpan.

The woman motions to a man standing nearby, who leaves and comes back moments later with a bruised and battered Lexie in one hand, and an equally as bruised and battered Trudy in the other. Although, something is off about her.

"What is this?" I frown.

"Lexie turned Trudy during an attempt to kill her." Trudy's mother, Willa, glares at me. "It is against the supernatural code for one being to convert another. Especially without the other party's permission. And even then, a license must be applied for and then issued before that can happen."

"I wasn't trying to convert her." Lexie hisses at Willa. "I was trying to kill her."

"And there lies the other problem." Willa glowers at Lexie.

"Trudy killed our brother." I inform the room now that I realize what this is.

A hearing for Lexie.

"Do you have proof of this?" Willa raises her brow at me in challenge. Knowing damn well I don't. Trudy covered her tracks well. "Last I heard, your brother was still alive."

"He is." I nod. "But only because his death triggered his siphoner curse, which then brought him back to life."

"So, you admit he is not dead."