GREAT ROMANCES

With Lucas out of harm's way, I can now focus on the drama playing out in front of me.

Which is dead daddy dearest, coming back to life just to kill heartless and dead stepdaddy dearest, in front of mourning mommy dearest, as if one funeral isn't enough to severely mess a person up.

And he did it so... carelessly.

Not that I care or even liked the guy.

But if he keeps this up, Ethan's gonna run out of parents.

Ethan, Eden, and I watch as his father goes from one end of the house to the other. Firing anyone he doesn't know and tossing them out on the street. Meanwhile, we tend to Ethan's mom, who's still reeling from Ivan's death.

And at his niece's funeral, no less.

Once Eli is done firing anyone linked to Ivan, he fills the house full of new converts loyal only to him. Converts he acquired after we rescued him from the Lycans. Which wasn't that long ago.

Walking dead daddy dearest has been busy.

Hoping to spare his mother, Ethan tries talking some sense into his father. But his father insists he has it all under control. Encouraging both Ethan and Eden to return to school. A sentiment their mother also echoes. But Ethan doesn't want to leave her alone.

"There's literally nothing you can do." Eden tells him. "They'll work it out."

Only he doesn't look like he believes that.

Neither do I.

"I'll be fine," Lilibet assures us after Eli goes on another one of his tirades. Fussing about something else Ivan has done. "I think I was just in shock. It is a lot to take in, but I believe I understand what has happened."

"If you wish us to stay, or you do not feel safe, just say the word." Ethan tells her.

"You are the best son a mother could have." She smiles at him. Cupping his cheek with her hand. "But do not worry about me. Your father would never hurt me. I am just surprised to find him here. Alive."

"If you need time, I will make him leave until you are ready."

"No." She shakes her head. "I do not want you children involved. Please, just go. I will call you when I can."

Assured by his mother's words, Ethan and Eden head upstairs to pack. And after saying one last goodbye to their mom, the three of us head to the flat where Lucas, his daemons, Tristan, Celeste, and the Syth await our arrival.

Eden immediately runs straight into Lucas' arms when we walk in. Her tongue doing its best impression of a tonsillectomy.

"So," Ethan breaks the ice in the room by making small talk. "What have I missed since I've been gone?"

Both Lucas and Victor point to me, without missing a beat, like the little snitches they are, and tell him, "She killed us."

Which... snitch much?

Ethan raises his brow at me as if to say, 'care to explain', which... yeah... no, I don't. And Eden narrows her eyes at me.

"You'll have to enlighten me." He tells me.

"Absolutely," I nod. "Right after I strangle them."

"See." Victor does his best 'I'm scared' face. "She's violent. You don't want to be with nobody like that."