Chapter nine

Rachel

I was looking at the fight with my mouth open. What was actually happening right now?

Noah looked shocked at first and didn't move a muscle while Sebastian was pounding on him hard. But then Noah snapped out of his shock and started hitting Sebastian in his sides.

That was when the first person started to shout at them.

"Stop with this nonsense right now" someone shouted in a high pitched voice.

I wanted to roll my eyes at hearing that voice. It made me sick just like everything about her. I looked over my shoulder at Cassandra standing there in the middle of the room.

She was looking red with anger. I guess she was just scared that someone knocked over her precious million dollar vases.

The boys looked at her but they didn't stop fighting.

I didn't know what I could do.

Cassandra turned her blue eyes to me and looked at me expectantly. What did she think that I could do?

I didn't even know that Cassandra has ever acknowledged my existence. I'm pretty sure that she thinks that I am just some annoying street rat that ruined her perfect party.

I didn't like the sight of Sebastian and Noah fighting with each other. They have been best friends since forever.

Whatever caused this fight must have been some serious issue.

Then all of a sudden Jim bounced into the fight out of nowhere. I didn't even think that Jim ever left his classroom.

It was a little pathetic that Jim was invited to party's and I wasn't.

Okay, it was very sad.

"Stop, Sebastian this isn't you" Jim shouted to the boys. Did he think that playing the psychiatrist was actually going to help right now?

"You need to ignore all the angry feelings that are taking over your brain" he said.

Sebastian just ignored him. The boys were both pretty beaten right now.

Noah had a red eye and there was blood dripping from his temple where Sebastian had punched him. Sebastian's finger was looking pretty blue and there was blood in his hair.

This needed to stop right now.

I don't know what drove me to do this but then I shouted "STOP!" so loudly that both boys stopped punching immediately.

I directed my anger for now at Noah since he was my fake boyfriend. I also didn't want to get mad at Sebastian because let's be honest, he was probably the good guy here.

People were looking at us with shell shocked expressions and there mouth was hanging open. I went from a wallflower to Noah's girlfriend to the girl that stops guys from fighting in less than a week.

What was my life right now?

I dragged Noah from the floor and out of the living room.

I looked at Noah with an angry expression and I crossed my arms over each other.

I don't know why but Noah looked even angrier than before.

"Typical" he scoffed at me. He turned around and walked away like an angry toddler that didn't get their favorite toy from his parents.

I don't know why Noah's retreating form made my heart stutter a bit. I told my heart to stop acting so weird.

He was cute but definitely not my type.

I leaned against the wall and sighed really loudly. I was breathing really loudly and not evenly. I was on the verge of having a panic attack.

I looked around the hallway and didn't see anyone there.

I walked to the kitchen in search of something that could cool Sebastian's wounds.

I turned around and headed towards the kitchen. Voices carried through to the hallway and the door was left unopened.

I peaked around the corner and I saw Cassandra and Sebastian standing there. Cassandra was rummaging in the fridge.

She probably had the same idea that I had.

I rolled my eyes. Like Sebastian would ever go for a girl like Cassandra.

Cassandra murmured something soft to Sebastian and she pressed the ice pack to his temple. There was already some bruising forming on his face.

He made bruises seem cool.

Cassandra stepped closer to him and then she saw me standing in the doorway.

She smiled brightly and slowly. She looked like a villain in a Disney movie.

Abruptly, she kissed Sebastian passionately. She put her hands on his shoulder and pulled him closer to her.

I was shocked to say the least. I expected Sebastian to push her away, but he didn't.

Instead he returned the kiss.

I didn't want to see this any longer. I felt the tears dripping onto my cheeks. It felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing me with a knife.