Chapter thirty-two

Cassandra

I was lying in my bed but I knew that I wasn't actually going to sleep tonight. My mind has been showing me the pictures that were hanging in the school today, on repeat.

Jim's horrified face while he ran away was something that I was never going to forget. It was weird actually how close you could get if you were both being threatened.

That being said, Jim was the first friend I ever had.

It was kind of nice having friends I guess. They were always there for you especially in difficult times.

My phone buzzed and the screen lit up. My parents always wanted me to put my phone on silent and I also couldn't leave my phone in my room as I was sleeping. But they weren't here anymore, so who was stopping me now?

Normally, I didn't look at messages that came this late at night but something in me said that I needed to see this message. My arm grabbed around, searching for my phone in the dark.

After a few attempts and almost knocking my nightlight from my bedside, I had my phone in my hand in a firm grip. I clicked on the power button and I saw that I had a notification on WhatsApp.

Who was texting at four o'clock in the night when we had school tomorrow? Someone really needed to take better care of their sleep schedule.

I went to WhatsApp and I had a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number

Meet me at 10 o'clock in room 101. Take Jim with you.

I squinted my eyes to read the text for a second time. Someone wanted to meet me and Jim in the abandoned classroom. Was this the person that has been threatening us?

Maybe they finally had enough of this whole ordeal and they decided to call the whole thing off. My hearts was already beating fast and my hands were clamming.

I couldn't ignore the flicker of hope that I was feeling.

I decided to send the text to Jim and to let him know what our plans for tomorrow would be. If I couldn't sleep before this text, I definitely was not able to sleep now.

The following morning, I woke up feeling excited and fresh even though I didn't get any sleep last night. I turned off my buzzing alarm and put on some clothes.

I put on less make-up today than usual. I felt like I would need a coffee today before school. I also knew that I was going to take a nap this afternoon.

I decided to take my black Mercedes to the Starbucks where I got my regular order. While I was getting my Starbucks, my chauffeur was looking through his phone. He was smiling at his phone, did Gerard have a new girlfriend?

I shook my head and remembered that this wasn't any of my business. I jumped back into my car and I drove to school.

I told my chauffeur to get me to school in ten minutes. He drove so hard that there probably would be some new bills lying on my doorstep, when I got home from school. I didn't really care since I had enough money anyways.

Hell, I had enough money to go the rest of my life without working but still maintaining my posh life style. Gerard parked my car into the parking lot of the school and that's when I saw Jim walking into the school.

I slammed the car door shut and I walked a quicker pace then normal to catch up with him. People were still staring at us for sure but I just ignored them.

I grabbed Jim's shoulder and he did a little jump. I laughed and he just looked at me angry. It was so easy to give him a scare.

"Are you ready for our meeting?" I asked him with a hesitant smile on my face. I didn't know how Jim was going to react. Before the photos, he was always so quiet while he controlled his wild emotions.

This New Jim was a force to be reckoned with. He held his head high and he nodded his head with a stern nod. Seeing him so serious and fierce, was doing something to me.

Jim almost looked handsome with his new attitude, but that couldn't be true right? I tried to shake these weird and confusing emotions out of my body.

With this whole mystery and blackmailing there was no way that I could be feeling this for him right now.

Me and Jim walked towards the classroom that I was dreading walking into. I don't want to see the blackmailer. Why would someone do these terrible things to innocent people like me and Jim?

Okay, so maybe I am not that innocent but Jim was the sweetest guy that I know.

Jim walked to the classroom in determined steps and without hesitation he turned the door knob. The room was dark and the air was musty.

It looked cleaner than usual. I didn't know that people actually went into this classroom, much less actually clean it. That would probably take a lot of time and money that I wasn't prepared to spend on this terrible school.

There was someone standing there in the dark. My eyes needed a few seconds to adjust to the darkness. Sebastian.

Was he the blackmailer? That didn't make any sense. Sure, Sebastian was a huge asshole, but he didn't seem like the blackmailing type.

Then he said something that made me tremble with fear.

"I moved your parents bodies."