Chapter fifteen

Brooke

You know how people tell you that you're lucky and you don't even know it. This definitely doesn't apply to me but it does to someone I consider a best friend.

Rachel.

She has all these amazing guys lining up for her and here I was still waiting for someone to notice me.

I guess that some people just don't have that wow factor.

I went to math class and I couldn't believe my eyes.

The classroom was arranged in groups of tables.

The classroom was empty except for three people.

Jimin, Rachel and Noah were already inside the classroom. They were discussing something about the weather.

Rachel looked perfectly at ease with the conversation while Noah and Jimin were looking at each other intensely.

If it wasn't for Rachel being here, then the boys would have already been punching each other in the face.

How did Rachel even managed to get the attention of some super kpop star like Jimin?

I guess there were still mysteries in the world that weren't solved.

I sat down at one of the two tables that were still unseated. It wasn't like they even noticed that I had joined the table.

Then Rachel turned to me with her big smile.

"Hey Brooke, it's good to see you" she said. Then the boys also turned their heads towards my direction. They said their greetings but they both had their attention to the other girl in the group in no time.

I tried not to sigh but it was kind of hard.

Rachel started playing with her hair while asking Jimin questions about his transfer to River Highschool.

"So Jimin, why did you transfer here?" Rachel asked while she smiled at him.

It was so obvious that she was flirting with him right now.

Jimin started explaining something about new people and new experiences. It sounded so surface level so I turned my attention to the classroom.

Students had been trickling inside of the classroom the last couple of minutes.

There were almost no empty seats now.

The teacher cleared his throat and he started explaining about the new group project we had to participate in.

The groups contained of five people. You had to write a paper about statistics.

The teacher was ready to start explaining this project more in-dept when the classroom door was slung open.

There was Cassandra strolling into the classroom like she was here early instead of late. Like always she wore a short sweater and these jeans that were low on her hips.

She swayed her hips while she walked inside the classroom.

She had a lot of make up on her face and her hair was perfectly curled.

"Cassandra you can site with Brooke's group since they are the only group with four people" the teacher explained.

Cassandra rolled and opened her mouth to protest.

"Now or you I will send you to the principal" the teacher snapped at her.

I smirked thinking that Cassandra deserved exactly that.

Cassandra sat down and let her bag fall loudly on the ground. The teacher looked red with angry but didn't say anything.

It was best not to fight with Cassandra unless you wanted to end up in court since her father was a lawyer.

He must be really good at his job since Cassandra lived in this giant mansion.

I rolled my eyes at Cassandra's attitude. Why couldn't she just ever act like a normal person?

"Why do I have to work with peasants like you?" she said while looking down at us with disdain.

Jimin looked confused at Cassandra.

Cassandra winked at Jimin which made Rachel stiffen in her chair.

I could see a fight coming from a mile away.

"Just shut up" I snapped at her.

I wasn't ready to deal with this bullshit now.

We all looked back at the teacher with unhappy faces.

I guess that this was going to be the most difficult project I had to do in my life. I don't imagine how any of us could work together with Cassandra.