Chapter 8

Chapter 8

["Will you come later, Cee?"] Mama said over the phone. Niyayaya kasi ako nito na bumisita sa bahay. It is the same place where I grew up. I was eighteen when I decided to leave that place to be independent.

Our house is in the same village as the Seriantel mansion and other houses owned by my relatives. I want to be far away from that place to keep my secret safe. Bantay-sarado kasi ng mga tauhan ni Lolo Sebastian ang bawat galaw ng mga tao na nandoon. Fortunately, my parents support my idea of not staying there.

"I'll see later, Ma. I'm too lazy to get out." I said honestly. Narinig ko naman ang tila nagtatampong boses nito.

It's Saturday today, and I just want to lay on my bed for the whole day and rest. I feel like what happened these previous days and weeks has been exhausting.

Ibababa ko na sana ang tawag, pero may bigla akong naalala.

"By the way, Mama, have you given my number to anyone?"

["Yes, anak. Verra asked for your number last time I saw her at the company."]

"You shouldn't have given her my phone number, Ma!" Reklamo ko sa kanya.

["Why? What's wrong with that? She asked me nicely. Sabi niya may sasabihin lang daw siya sayo na importante."]

Importante? Eh halos punuin na nito ang message inbox ko ng mga kung ano-anong message.

["Akala ko ba friends kayo? She seems harmless naman, anak."]

Harmless? That woman wants to kiss me! I don't kiss girls. I never kissed any boys before either. I have never kissed anyone, and that woman wants my precious kiss? Hell no.

Pilit ko nga itong iniiwasan buhat nang nangyari noong nakaraan.

I wanted to say that to my mother but chose not to. Baka humaba lang ang usapan.

I dropped my phone after I bid goodbye to her.

Ilang sandali pa ay nag-ring ulit ang phone ko. Thinking that it was my mother again, I quickly answered it na siyang agad ko naman na pinagsisihan.

["Damn you!"]

Mabilis kong nailayo sa tainga ko ang phone ko nang marinig ang boses na yon. I check the caller, and obviously, it's not my mother but that woman, Verra.

Gusto kong mapasabunot sa buhok ko dahil sa nangyari. I should've checked the caller first. Ngayon tuloy kailangan kong kausapin ang babaeng 'to.

I have rejected her calls a couple of times. She keeps sending me messages non-stop, and I also didn't reply to any of them. Alam kong galit na galit na ito ngayon.

["You've been rejecting my calls! Try to drop this one, and you will not like what I'm going to do."]

Argh! She's so demanding! Ano ba ang kailangan niya? I just want a peaceful weekend.

"What do you need, Verra?"

["So, no good morning?"] Mataray na sabi niya sa kabilang linya.

"Fine. Good morning, Verra. Now what do you need?" I scoffed.

["Come with me to the mall."] She demanded.

"I don't want to." I immediately replied. Why would I want to come with her? Mas gugustuhin ko pang tumitig sa kisame maghapon.

["You will come with me whether you like it or not, Cee."]

"What if ayoko nga?" Hindi ko na mapigilan magsungit. Ang kulit kulit niya.