Special Chapter II

Special Chapter II

A smile curved on my lips as I stirred the veggies in the pan. I can't help humming to the tune of such a wonderful love song. Just thinking of the woman I love while making a not-so-perfect meal for her is making my heart so happy.

Iniisip ko pa lang ang matatamis na ngiti niya habang kinakain ang niluto ko para sa kanya ay napapangiti na rin ako mag-isa. I didn't even want to believe before that love could make you this crazy.

It's been a month since we moved in and built our home together.

Of course, there have been a lot of adjustments, but it's all worth it. I have never felt this complete in my entire life. She's the last person I see before I go to sleep and the first person I have been staring at right after I wake up.

Marami akong bagong natutunan tungkol sa kanya at maging sa sarili ko tuwing kasama siya. Everything I do, even the little things, Verra appreciates it all.

Everything seems perfect, even though I know there is no such thing as perfection, but still, I can say that this feels close to one.

Masaya kong tinapos ang niluluto ko, at saka hinugasan ang mga ginamit ko sa pagluluto. The only thing left for me to do is wait until Verra comes home. Gusto kasi nito na sabay kami laging kumain. And I want that too. I have been eating alone for years, and it feels so good to have someone join me at the table almost every day and for the rest of my life.

It is weekend, and she and her friends went somewhere outside. I know Verra will be back soon.

Hindi nga ako nagkamali dahil ilang sandali pa ay narinig ko ang tunog ng doorbell sa labas, kaya naman agad kong tinanggal ang apron at inayos ang sarili ko.

I know it's Verra. She always keeps on doing that. Kahit na may susi ito ng bahay ay mas pipiliin niyang hintayin na pagbuksan ko siya ng pinto. And whenever I open the door, sumasalubong agad sa akin ang mga ngiti niya.

I remember the last time I opened the door, she was smiling from ear to ear while handing me a bouquet of flowers. I wonder what's her surprise this time?

Nevertheless, she is the greatest and loveliest surprise in my life.

I couldn't help but excitedly go straight to the door with a smile on my face. Kahit na ilang oras ko lang naman siyang hindi nakikita ay sabik na sabik pa rin ang puso ko para sa kanya.

But my smile suddenly dropped right after I saw what was waiting for me outside.

Yes, it's Verra.

But not the Verra I imagined earlier.

Not my Verra, who always smiles whenever she looks at me. Not my Verra, who's always excited to see me.

But the Verra who is in her weakest state, is helplessly crying and trembling, for I don't know what reason. All I can see are the glistening tears in her eyes instead of the lovely sparks I anticipated.

She's trying hard to suppress her loud cries while looking at me pleadingly.

And this scene...it's scary. It's like piercing my heart with thousands of pieces of broken glass, and it feels like the blood is dripping through my eyes.

It reminds me of the memory from years ago when she discovered that I was not the man she always dreamed of.

I thought everything was okay now. Akala ko tanggap na niya ang lahat. I thought we finally had our very own happy ever after.

Not until she appeared at the door of our home and devastatingly uttered the words that shattered my world again.