Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Verra, I like you."

Sa halip na matuwa sa sinabi ko ay ibang emosyon ang dumaan sa mga mata niya. It's like she's suddenly submerged in deep thought. There is evident confusion and disappointment in her eyes.

This is not what I was expecting.

Mayamaya pa ay umangat ang gilid ng labi niya para magpakawala ng sarkastikong ngiti.

"W-Why are you always like that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Kahapon lang sinabi mo na sa akin na hindi mo alam kung gusto mo ako. Then now you're saying that you like me. To what? To make me feel good?" Bakas ang hinanakit sa kanyang boses ng sabihin ang mga bagay na iyon.

"That's not what I meant, Verra."

"You're always good at saying things you don't mean, Cee! I don't know if I should believe you. Maybe you're just saying that because you don't want to be rude, just like the last time." Mabilis niyang iniwas ang tingin at nagpakawala ng mahabang buntong-hininga.

I know she's referring to our first conversation in the Seriantel Mansion. It's true that I just said those words before because I didn't want to be rude. Pero iba na ngayon. I mean it this time.

I like her...and I'm sure this time.

"I was still confused about my feelings yesterday, Verra. It's real this time. I mean it." May pagsusumamong sabi ko sa kanya.

But she's just looking at me like she's contemplating whether to believe me or not.

"I'm not saying this because I don't want to be rude. I'm not saying this because of Lolo. I'm saying this because this is the truth. Believe me." Dugtong ko.

I thought this would be easy, but it turns out that she already had her doubts. It's hard for her to believe me now. Hindi ko rin naman ito masisisi.

"I-I like you." I repeated the words.

I like her to the point that I always want to be with her. I like her to the point that I don't want to see her with another man. I like to see her happy with me. I want to experience things I have never experienced before with her. I want to take care of her.

This was never on my plan but I'm ready to take the risk just to be with her. That's how I realized how much I like Verra.

Nakita kong marahan nitong ibinaba sa table niya ang rosas na hawak bago naglakad papalapit sa akin. She's staring at me—evaluating if I'm telling the truth. Nanghihina man sa mga titig niya ay pilit kong sinalubong ito para malaman niya na nagsasabi ako ng totoo.

I think I almost lost my breath when she was just two feet away from me. I can now smell her alluring perfume.

"Then...kiss me."

"H-Huh?" Hindi ko inaasahan ang sinabi nito.

"If you really like me, then kiss me." She repeated.

I don't know, but I think she intended to make it sound seductive.

Tila naman nablangko ang utak ko habang pinoproseso ang sinabi niya.

I don't even know how to kiss! How can I kiss her when I have never kissed anyone before? But of course, I would never admit that to her. It's embarrassing on my part.

Sumama ang tingin niya nang hindi ako kumibo.

"See? You can't even kiss me!" Naiinis na turan nito.

Tatalikod na sana siya nang bigla ko itong pigilan at hilahin palapit sa akin.