Chapter 39

Chapter 39

I was late. She left me. I tried to reach out to her. I tried finding her, but she's gone.

I can still remember how I struggled and pleaded with her mother to tell me where she was, but she said she flew out of the country—that she was claiming her freedom and her own identity.

Her mother instead told me to wait for her daughter, so I did. I waited for her for months, until it became years.

In two years, I have never been in a relationship with anyone. I only tried going out with some guys for dinner as per my mother's request, but none of them made me feel safe and special like what she did to me.

I miss her terribly, and I swear to heaven that if I saw her again, I'd be willing to do anything to have her back.

And now...she's here, standing right in front of me.

"It's nice to meet you again, Miss Verra. I am Celestiea Elora, but you can call me Cee."

I was frozen on my feet. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin. My heart is beating hard to the point that it's the only thing that I can hear. Hindi ko mahanap ang sariling boses at tila nanghihina sa ngiting pinapakita niya.

She changed a lot, but still, my eyes, my heart, and my mind would not forget her admirable looks and her sweet voice.

Celestiea...

Her real name suits her.

Heavens, she's stunningly gorgeous. I am once again enchanted by those honey-hinted eyes and captivating smile. Goodness. How can she be this beautiful?

All I want is to run to her, hug her as tight as I can, and whisper to her how much I miss her.

But I was so stunned that I never noticed that she was no longer in front of me. Doon lang ako muling natauhan.

What just happened? Hindi ko rin alam. Basta ang alam ko na lang ay wala na ako sa harap niya at kasama na ang isang lalaki na minsan ko na naging ka-date.

I'm spacing out. Hindi ako makapaniwala na nandito na ulit siya. That means I can hold her again. But I was stupid for letting that chance pass.

Don't blame me, I was too enthralled by her beauty.

I can't get over the fact that she's finally here. Lumilipad ang isip ko tungkol sa kanya at hindi ako makakilos ng maayos.

Sa sobrang lutang ko, wala akong nagawa kundi magpatianod sa lalaking kasama ko ngayon. I don't know him well. I only know his name. He's Colton, and he's been trying to court me since last year.

I want to thank him for saving me multiple times because I am always disoriented. Kung wala siguro siya dito, ay mananatili lang akong nakatulala sa babaeng hinintay ko ng ilang taon.

"You should try this, Babe. You are spacing out, kanina pa." I heard Colton say.

How can I not space out? She was just right here in front of me again.

I want to talk to her, pero hindi ko alam kung paano at hindi ko rin alam ang sasabihin ko. Lalo na ng makita ko siya kasama si Monica kanina. She was laughing with her, and my heart aches for that scene. How I wish I was the one she's laughing with.

I just let Colton choose the food for me. Pero muli akong natigilan nang biglang pigilin ng babaeng nasa harap namin ang akmang paglagay niya ng isang dish sa plato ko.

"Uhm, t-that has sesame seeds. She's allergic."

She said that, and then she left me dumbfounded in my spot again. My heart skips in happiness because she still remembers that I have a sesame seed allergy. It was just a small thing, but if she's the one who's doing that for me, it's already a big deal.