Chapter 35

Chapter 35

I didn't give her my answer that day. I'm still afraid. I'm still not sure. But as the days passed, Verra didn't fail to show me that we are worthy of another chance.

Napapitlag na lang ako nang biglang may umangkla na kamay sa mga braso ko habang naglalakad ako papunta sa elevator ng mall.

My heartbeat fastened its pace when I smelled the familiar scent of sweet blended apples.

Goodness. She always appears out of nowhere. Halos araw-araw ko na nga yata siyang nakikita dito sa mall.

"Good morning, hon." Verra said to me smilingly. Mas lalong pumulupot pa ang mga braso nito sa braso ko.

"It's so early, Verra. Why are you here?" Nagtatakang tanong ko sa kanya. Papasok pa lang ako ng shop ngayong umaga. Wala pang mga tao dito sa mall maliban na lang sa mga opening staff.

Visitors were allowed to go in at 9 o'clock in the morning, and it's just 8 o'clock. Kaya hindi ko alam kung paano nakakapasok dito si Verra.

"You didn't reply to my message, and I want to hear good morning from you."

Napaawang ang mga labi ko sa sinabi niya. She's really unbelievable most of the time. I haven't checked my phone since I left Satarrah's unit. She can just call me, but there she is, already beside me, smiling in a good mood. I really appreciate her sweet gestures and efforts.

"Good morning, then."

"Did you sleep well?" She asked.

I nod my head and press the button of the elevator to the third floor nang makapasok kami sa loob.

"I slept well too because you wished me a good night last night."

A smile appeared on my lips because of her enthusiastic tone. I just listened to all the things she was saying until we reached the shop and got inside my office. I can't deny that she really lifts my mood.

Sa ilang araw na nagdaan ay nasanay na ako na nandito siya lagi. Hindi naman ako nito ginugulo, pero hindi ko maiwasan na madistract sa presensya niya. Most of the time, she will spend her time here staring at me. At kapag nagagawi ang tingin ko sa kanya ay bibigyan ako nito ng matamis na ngiti.

I just let her, tho. Wala rin naman akong magagawa dahil tulad ng dati ay ipipilit pa rin niya ang gusto niyang gawin. Not that I don't want her here. To be honest, my heart and soul are always happy to see her.

"It's lunch time, Cee." I heard her say.

Natigil ako sa ginagawa at napatingin sa wall clock na nakasabit sa loob ng office. Hindi ko na namalayan ang oras dahil sa may inaasikaso at pinapag-aralan ako na new strategies for next month's new collection.

Verra, on the other hand, has been watching me since we arrived here. Doesn't she get bored?

Mabilis akong tumayo at inayos ang mga papel sa ibabaw ng table.

"Shall we eat? Where do you want to eat, Verra?" I asked.

"I want to try this new resto on the first floor. Is it okay, hon?"

Sumulyap ako sa kanya at tumango. I grabbed my purse and phone before going out.

I was about to open the door for us pero mabilis itong kumilos at inunahan akong hawakan ang pinto. She opened the door and motioned for me to go outside first. Nagtataka ko siyang binigyan ng tingin bago maunang lumabas.

What's wrong with her?

When we reached the new restaurant she's referring to, she also did the same thing. She held the door for me and let me in first.