Set Apart

Dear Jesus,

Today, I finally found the strength to do what I'd been stalling for a while.

I'd gone about a week without really responding to my (adoptive) parents-a deliberate act on my part.

But I was doing myself no good.
Who was I kidding?
I loved them. I still do. And I hate to admit this, but I desperately need them.

They've done me no wrong since I was little. Well, except the fact that they lied to me all this while.
They'd, in fact, done me a huge favour by adopting me.

I must admit, even though I hurt for a while at their revelation, I missed them real bad.

I couldn't help but remember all our good times together.

I'd been crying so much whenever I'm alone that my glasses acclimatized to the mist that comes with the tears.
But I'm healing, I believe.

I know I've forgiven them, thanks to your insistence.
The only issue is that I have lots and lots of questions rolling consistently in my head.
I have this feeling that ironing things out can't be done over a phone call.

Oh God, never had I felt so disoriented or confused in my life.

I know you're with me in this.
I'm coming out stronger.

John, Kathy and even Priscilla have been amazing support systems these past few days.

I don't know if they kinda had a secret meeting or something, but they've been cycling placing a call to me to check on my well-being.

John even came to visit, two days after the GWW tour we had.

When he called and said I should come meet him outside Sapphire Suites' gates, I was pleasantly surprised.

What's more? He got me a bucket of ice-cream. And it was my best flavour he got-chocolate!

That was perfect timing cos I had been having a craving for a sweet treat.

I beamed when he gave it to me and softly protested that he didn't have to go through all that trouble.

He said I came to mind while he was out shopping and he felt he should get me something, so... (In my head I was like, awwwnnn... My heart is melting...)

He told me he was praying for me. That caused my eyes to mist, but I hid it well.

Not wanting to regret this unusual indulgence by the time my monthly visitor comes calling, I shared the ice-cream with Portia.

There was no way I could finish it alone anyways before it melted off.
It was a jumbo sized mini bucket of ice-cream. I wondered how much it must have cost him.

Holy priesthood has been up and running steadily so far. We've been praying together weekly and it's been amazing checking up on one another's progress.
Even though online meetings can never compare to physical ones (cos there the issue of distractions to deal with), still it's worthwhile.

Okay, so, news, news, news!
We're in the mid-semester already. Already?
Fast as flash, right?

The period of tests and group projects. Urghhhh!

In a fortnight, McCheynne will be hosting her second biggest event of the whole session after the convocation ceremony-her matriculation program.

That's when we 'freshers' are officially instated or initiated as college students and we'll get our official school ID.
From the moment we swear the oath of studentship onward, we'll drop the glorious title of being 'fresh' and we'll join the gang of 'stalites'.