Dream Deliverance

Dear Jesus,

"I'm so sorry, Radiance, I'm so sorry," Portia muttered over and over. She slid down to the kitchen floor, overcome with emotion. Her sobs were gut-wrenching.

Nothing I said could make her stop crying.
Her injured hand was still trickling drops of thick red liquid, I cajoled her out of the kitchen so I could tend to the wound.

I led a reluctant Portia to her bed and made her sit.

I went back to the kitchen, ran my hand through my hair, and paced to regain my composure. I shot a quick prayer to heaven.

Lord, I would be dead if not for you. Thanks for saving my life.
Now, I've read all the lines and have no clue what next to do with her.

I was exhausted from the long journey and hadn't even unpacked yet, but I was stuck with helping my tormented roommate, both physically and spiritually.

Love, you repeated. It's the greatest of all.

I cleaned up the kitchen mess. After I was done, I went to my first aid kit which was at my bedside locker.
I returned to Portia's side with the things I needed.

In my mind, I was like, Wow! What a great practice for when I become a doctor.

As I dabbed her palm with the cotton wool doused in methylated spirit, I was at the same time praying in my spirit for wisdom and direction.

She calmed down the tears barrage and began to observe me with curiosity. I could feel her eyes on me as I secured the bandage with a bandaid.

I looked up and said, "Are you feeling better?"

"Why are you so nice to me?"
Her voice was hoarse.

I smiled at her. "I'm thinking you might know why."

She fell silent, still looking at me. Her tears resumed flowing.

I had seen multiple flip sides of Portia Gorge today. The chatty side. The weepy side. What next?

I gave her a tablet of aspirin, and she downed it with water in one gulp.

"Oh, Radiance. Please, I'm sorry. They made me do it. I'm sorry. Please, forgive me."

"Sssshhhh! Don't talk. You need to rest."
I began to lay her down but she clutched my hand instead and began to dart her eyes around, afraid.

"No! I can't rest. They're coming after you. And once they discover I didn't stick to the plan, I'll also be doomed. Please, don't leave me."

Oh, right. This was the next flip side. The jittery and scared-out-of-her-wits side.

I glanced through the room as I began to sense spiritual beings.
Because I was seated close to Portia, I saw a band of angels led by Gloria surrounding the bed.
They were hard to differentiate from the fiery flames of God they pulsated.

But, beyond them were many demons. Trying to claw at Portia.
When I looked at her, I knew she couldn't see them but they were projecting fear and guilt into her mind.

I rubbed her hand. "I won't leave you. Don't be afraid. Those who are with us are more and far greater than those with them."

She cried herself to sleep. I kept praying under my breath in tongues.

My exhausted body was also crying for rest. I was wiped from the long journey. I didn't know when I fell asleep holding her hands.

⋋✿ ✿⋌⋋✿ ✿⋌