The Epic Comeback

Dear Jesus,

"You—Radish, or Rag, or Ray, or whatever your name is—have just crossed the line."

The person's jewelled hands were clasped behind his back. He wore a long, pattern, wine robe like the one traditional Chinese royalty wear.

I stood with my head slightly corked sideways, mesmerized by the scintillating voice.
Despite my fascination, there was this unease in me, this caution not to be deceived, a wariness of lurking danger.

Maybe because of his cryptic warnings and the harsh choice of words he used to address me.

I knew at once that this was a dream because we were standing on the peak of a skyscraper overlooking a futuristic city with glowing neon lights dotting the expansive vista.

It was dusk—the purplish hue in the curved horizon said that much. There was a thick fog that hovered through the city, making it hard to see what exactly was going on below.
That was strange. Why wasn't my laser vision working here?

"Sheesh. You made me go through this stress. I'll only say this nicely once. Back off," he said as he turned and looked at me with piercing coal eyes.

My, my, my. He was a terrific-looking man. From his hypnotic gaze, his aquiline nose, his chiselled jaw and powerful stance, he looked fit to be a general of a battalion of warriors.

I was silent for a while, observing him, praying in my spirit for clarity because, at that time, it seemed my head was muddled by just being in proximity with this being.

'He's not what he seems. Don't fear. Don't panic. I've got you,' I heard you faintly in my spirit. It sounded a million miles away.

"Look below. What do you see?" he said with a sweep of his hand across the city.
"People. Lots of them. Busy with life. Fools. Perpetual slaves. Earthworms. Pawns in our hands. Such a pity. It makes the game too easy."

"Who are you?" I said in a whisper, frowning.

He raised a brow, looking at me as though I just asked if the universe was rectangular.

"Sorry? Did I miss something? I thought you were supposed to be the chosen seeress. Or was I, for the first time in a millennium, wrong?"
His tone was mocking.

My voice came out stronger this time.
"I said, who are you?"

"Hmm..." He tapped his chin and slowly began to circle me. "That depends, my dear. I could be your ally if you cooperate and take my friendly advice to quietly leave without a casualty. Or I could be your worst nightmare if you decide to be stubborn."

Holy rage welled in me, and I decided to end this silly game once and for all.

My armour appeared over my body the instant I thought of it, and I stepped forward raising my sword at his chest.

"I command you right now in the name and authority of the Lord Jesus Christ to reveal your true identity."

A flash of horror came over his features as he staggered backwards. Like a rapidly flickering holographic image, he changed into many forms.

His eyes narrowed to slits. Was that a red glint I could now see?

"Don't ever mention that name again!" he growled.

"I fear no evil," I said, chin up.

"Oh, really?" he said, regaining his composure.

"So, you think you have guts because you can now see beyond the veil. Because you bear the seal?"
He threw back his head and let out a dry laugh.