chapter nine

Chapter Nine

Adam POV

Nerves is what I can describe how I feel. Tonight Luke will announce that I’m his mate which makes me so nervous that I’m shaking even though it’s only happening tonight. I look around the room noticing how dirty it is. The clothes was scattered on the wooden floor and the bed that is situated under window hasn’t been made up for today. I started to pick up the clothes trying to keep myself busy so that I don’t have to think about tonight. I walk to the bathroom that is exactly opposite of the bed to throw the clothes in a basket for dirty clothes. I hear the room door open and the slamming of it as it closes. “Adam?” a voice calls out my name and I recognize it as Luke’s. I walk out of the bathroom just to find him on the bed looking really frustrated. I smiled at him and move towards him, I don’t think he knew that I was in his room because when I touched his shoulder he jumped in fright. “Holy…!” he shouted and I burst out with laughter and he soon followed. “I thought you weren’t here.” Luke said after he was done laughing. I shake my head at his assumption, “I was waiting for you plus I’m filled with nerves for tonight.” I said. Just being around him makes me feel more relaxed and make me feel so content with all that’s happening but there was still a hint of nerves but it wasn’t as bad as before.

I lay done next to him and looked at the white ceiling with him on my mind even though his right next to me. I feel the bed move and his arm going around my waist with his head buried at the crock of my neck. “I wish I can do something about the nerves. I don’t like it when you stress yourself out it makes it hard being away from you when you feel like that.” He said, I can feel his breath against my neck and it sends pleasant shivers down my spine. I love the way he makes me feel when I’m around him, the way my body reacts to everything that he does and mostly I love the way he makes my heart beats. He makes me feel things that I only thought I would feel in my dreams. Sometimes I think that this is all a dream that I will soon wake up from because let’s face it I had dreams like these countless before. I turned my body to face him resulting in him changing the position of his body as well so that we are facing each other. “It will be okay Adam. I will be there the entire time and no one is going to hurt you because then they have to deal with Me.” he said, his voice was gentle and soft and his eyes soften to a light green showing me that he really meant what he said. It’s going to be okay Luke will be there my wolf said. I know I replied and that was the end of our very brief conversation. I leaned in and captured his lips with mine and he responded immediately. Our kiss was filled with an unspoken promise that he will be there whenever I need him and protect me.

“So what time will they be here?” I asked him after I broke the kiss. “About six, why?” he asked a frown on his face that makes him even sexier than he already is. “Just wondering how long we have peace until there is none. You do know that after tonight we will have to take over the pack by the next full moon right.” I said to him. He nodded “but will you be ready?” he asked me. I sighed and looked back to the ceiling. “I don’t have a choice.” I said and fear started to make its way through my body filling each inch of it because even though I gave Luke a chance that didn’t mean that I was ready to be mark or worst the mating ritual. I never had sex before which means that Luke will be my first and it scares me that I won’t be ready for it but we mates and the last step of becoming one is the mating ritual. “Look if you not ready to have sex I can just mark you and we can take our time from there.” Luke said sensing my uneasiness but I know that that’s not the case in this situation. I ran away and because of that I postpone Luke becoming alpha which resulted in the pack getting weak and because of that the elders would want use to go all the way so that the pack can become strong again. Not mentioning that the pack will get two alphas resulting in the pack being twice as strong as before.

“You and I both know that’s not what the elders want so don’t try to go against them or it’s my death.” I said all of a sudden angry. “The elders didn’t say anything about…” “Don’t assume things. You know the elders; they might not say one thing doesn’t mean they didn’t mean it. Do you remember what happen to Carl?” I asked and waited for his answer for he was actually thinking about what I said. “Who’s Carl?” he asked and I gave him a look and he just shrugged his shoulders. “Look if you not ready not ready okay.” He said and I nodded my head.