Chapter twenty one

Author's note

I'm giving you guys an early Christmas present...

enjoy...

Chapter twenty one

Luke POV

Three weeks later

Minutes turns into hours and hours turn into days and days turns into weeks. It’s been three weeks since Adam was kidnapped and we still don’t have any leads to where he is. Not having Adam around has been hard not only for me but for his friends and family. His mother had a hysterical breakdown when she found out that Adam was kidnapped. His father blames me for his kidnapping and always glares at me whenever we in the same room together. His mother understood a bit about what happened but I can see that also she blames me for his kidnapping even though she hides it well. Mark on the other hand was taking it harder than anyone else. All that’s on his mind was that he and Adam had just reconnected their relationship while in my opinion trying to at least but he wants to believe that they have sorted out their problems and was brothers like they were before he found out about Adam sexuality.  Lucas tries to be there for him but Mark has been pushing not only his mate away but his family as well. Lucas is a mess because his mate, Mark, doesn’t want to take comfort in him in his time of need. In short we all miss Adam so much that we can hardly function properly, even Scott isn’t himself. The only person that is more or less themselves is Annabelle but she never had a close relationship with Adam after all she didn’t like him that much.

I looked at the people that I came to love as family well most of them at least. I still don’t trust Scott but I put our differences aside so that we can find Adam. I know how important Scott is to Adam and I won’t try get between them, whatever that relationship was that they had anyway but I can see in Scott’s eyes that he really cared about Adam and even though Adam won’t admit it I knew that he had a soft spot for Scott. Maybe that’s why I don’t trust him because of the fact that he will forever have a piece of my Adam’s heart.

So looking at the people that I consider family I knew that I had to protect them and right at that moment I knew what I have to do to protect them. “Guys I think it’s time we set things in to motion.” I said to them. Scott and Annabelle gave me knowing looks while the others just looked down right confused. “What you talking about Luke?” asked my Beta Mark from across the room. I can see that his eyes are bloodshot red and puffy. He hasn’t stopped crying ever since he confessed to me two weeks ago that he didn’t think that Adam was alive. I told him that Adam is still alive because I would feel if he died but he just too stubborn to listen to reason. I gave him a small smile which he didn’t return. Instead he looked at his mate for the first time in two weeks and pulled him into his chest, it looked like he was looking for some kind of comfort which Lucas gladly gave and I can see the hope in his eyes when Mark didn’t let go build up to happiness for finally having his mate in his arms. I let out a sigh of relief seeing that Mark was finally making progress by seeking comfort in his mate. “Scott and Annabelle will explain to you what’s going on and what will happen for the rest of the day and I expect everyone to be well informed by the end of the day. I don’t want to hear any objections that includes you Mark.” I said and with that being said I left the room. I walked to my office and entered a quiet room. It looks so dull and lifeless. Not realizing what I was doing I went up to my desk and threw everything that was on it on the floor. My anger and frustration in me was just starting to get too much for me and I took it out on my desk and office. When I was done destroying my office I just dropped to my knees and my body shook with tears. This was the first time I cried since Adam has been kidnapped. I try to stay strong for my pack but I know that they can see that I’m slowly losing it. I don’t know how to cope without my Adam. Even right now I’m having my doubts about Adam still being alive but in my heart and my wolf knew that he is still out there, waiting for me to rescue him.