Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Luke POV

My wolf is restless. I can feel him whining and whimpering. Mate! Danger! Go help mate. He said pain in his voice which brought pain to my heart. I woke up with a sharp pain in my heart which made me scream out. I jumped out of the bed not caring about my nakedness. I ran out of my room bumping into a worried Mark and Lucas. “Adam was kidnapped.” Mark said frantic. My heart contracted painfully and my wolf howled in pain. “How do you know this?” I asked quickly as I ran down the stairs into the living room. “Annabelle said that she saw someone dragging an unconscious Adam out of the house.” Mark said his voice was filled with worry and anger.  “What? Why didn’t she do anything?” I asked as I stopped and turned around to look at him. My anger just went up to breaking point. “She said that it’s not her pack and that she doesn’t like you was also one of her reasons not helping out.” Mark said his voice was strangely. I frowned at that but choose not to contemplate about that at the moment. Right at the moment I was concentrating on the most important thing and that was Adam. “Get her.” I said using my Alpha tone which made Mark’s head bow in respect. “Need anything else?” Mark asked. “Yes, I need the whole pack in the yard. We need to find out if any of them know something that could help us.” I said. Mark was about to walk away when I said. “Make sure Scott is there as well, maybe he would know something.” And with that being said he walked away. I made my way out of the house and into the yard at the back of the house which was also connected to the forest. Most of the pack members were there and some was still making their way into the yard. Some of them looked annoyed where as other looked worried and on edge.

“You wanted to see me?” a voice came from behind me. I turned around to see Annabelle. She looked bored and annoyed which come to think about it she always look like that when she’s in my presence. “Do you always have to look like that when you around me?” I asked getting slightly angry. “Look like what? You know what never mind that. You wanted to talk to me now speak.” She said and I could hear the anger in her voice. “Tell me what happened.” I ordered her instead of asking and it ticked her off a bit which made me smirk knowing that alpha’s do not liked being ordered around. “Don’t order me around Grey and why should I tell you anything. You know what I think I won’t tell you anything,” she said with a smug look on her face. I growled in anger and took a step towards her. She immediately took a step back but then something in her eyes changed and she growled back at me which angered my wolf even more. I stepped right up to her and grabbed her by the throat, lifting her a few Centre meters from the ground. Her feet weren’t touching the ground and she was making choking sounds while clawing at my hand trying to get me to release her. “You going to tell me everything that you saw or else.” I said. My wolf wanted to take control and rip her into shreds but I kept him at bay. “Okay.” She choked out and I immediately let her go. She fell to the ground holding her sore throat. “You crazy you know that.” She said her voice was a little horse. “I’m waiting.” I said to her impatiently. She glared at me with so much hate but it didn’t faze me at all. “All I saw was Courtney talking to some guy then all of a sudden the same guy injected Adam with something as Adam came out of the kitchen then once Adam was unconscious the same man walked out with him and I saw Courtney walking out with them.” She said and looked to the ground. “Why didn’t stop them? Why didn’t you alert anyone?” I asked my wolf was on the edge of coming out. “I don’t know okay. I didn’t know what to do. I was shocked to think that a pack member would betray their pack or Alpha so easily without feeling a thing. In my pack we can trust each other with anything. We would never betray anyone because we believe that the pack is stronger when there is trust.” She said and I can hear different emotions in her voice which shocked me because Annabelle never showed any emotions ever since she got here. Adam told me what an emotionless woman she is except when she’s with her family but with strangers she can be the bride of Satan. “That’s no excuse.” I said my voice void of emotions. “No excuse? I can’t believe you. Just because my pack is just filled with rogues doesn’t mean that they can’t act like a pack. You won’t find a pack with members that are trustworthy, that won’t have their own Alpha kidnapped just because they have an ulterior motive. We might be rogues but we will not ever turn against each other unlike this pack that would plot against each other. And that is one of the reasons why Adam loved my pack so much, did I ever mention that Adam was part of my pack that you hate so much. He was happy there unlike here where he has to fight to be accepted. There he was accepted by my pack especially by my father that took a great interest in him. He even approved of Scott and Adam’s relationship.” She screams at me. The whole pack stood there shocked with their mouths open. I was shocked and didn’t know what to say. What shocked me more was that she didn’t look like an emotionless person but a woman that is broken. She looked like a mess, like a lioness ready to attack. I could even see that there are tears in her eyes but it didn’t fall. “I didn’t do anything because I was so shocked okay the time that I got to my senses it was too late but that doesn’t make me a bad person okay.” She said after a while glaring at me. “You want to ask Courtney about the kidnapping because she was with the guy that took him.” she said and with that she walked away.