chapter twelve

• Dedicated to Haylee van Rooyen

author's note

this is my first author's not but i would love to thank everyone that's been reading my story it really means a lot to me...  i just want to say that this chapter is R-rated so if you don't like reading that kind of stuff then you don't have to...

happy reading

naeema

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter twelve

Emerald POV

I looked at him dumbfounded. He cannot believe that I would believe such a down right lie. “You lie.” I said. Laughing at how ridiculous what he said is. He looked hurt at what I said and his eyes glazed over as if he wanted to cry. You hurt our mate my wolf said. I can feel her anger but ignored it. “Father” Luke’s voice filled the room. Michael looked at him, “I’m not lying. Why would I lie about something like this?” he asked looking at all of us but his eyes stopped at me. “Ask your wolf then if you don’t believe Me.” he said with anger in his voice. Is it true? I asked my wolf. She remained silent and I asked her once again. Is it true? My wolf whimpered, yes its true our mate isn’t lying she said. Why didn’t you tell me? I asked my wolf. She didn’t answer but I was shocked. How can I be a reincarnate of someone I didn’t even know? “no.” I whispered but with our wolf senses I knew they heard me. Why didn’t you tell me I yelled at my wolf? Would you have believed me if I told you before you met our mate? She asked. I didn’t answer because we both knew the answer to that question. I wouldn’t believe her and I’m not sure if I believe her or our mate. I look at Michael and moved backwards to get away from him but my back hits a wall making me slide down in denial. I couldn’t believe them, if I did then they make me stay and I couldn’t stay. I needed to get away from this place before they came for me. “I don’t believe you!” I shouted out and Michael run towards me wrapping his arms around me, trying to comfort me. “I’m sorry but its true please don’t leave me I can’t lose you again.” He begged but I pushed him away.

I ran out of the office out of the house and into the forest. I need to get away not only for my safety but for theirs and now also to get away from my mate. I ran in my human form but quickly transformed into my wolf form and pushed myself to run even faster so that I can get out of this place. I was almost at the border when I was stopped by Michael. He looked sad, tears that was running down his face in the office was still there. We can’t leave our mate my wolf said to me. “Let me come with you.” He said and my wolf howled in excitement but my mind still had doubt. He wasn’t made for the rogue lifestyle. He was an alpha how was he supposed to adapt to my lifestyle? “Please, I can’t live without you in my life. I would do anything to be with you so let me come with you.” He begged me. I walked towards him and breathed in his scent. I rubbed myself against him and walked over the border. I stopped to look at him telling him to follow and I think he got the message because he began to strip and change into his wolf form. He walked towards me only to stop and look at his soon to be ex home. I barked to get his attention then started to run just to be followed by my mate.

For the first time I didn’t feel guilty or alone or unloved leaving a place. As we ran it’s like we left our problems and whatever that was keeping us there behind us and focused on what was in front of us. I felt like nothing mattered right now but me and my mate and the loved we shared. I looked at him just to find that he was already looking at me. Why you looking at me? I asked him through our mind link. I can’t believe that the moon goddess gave us a second chance he said. I looked away not answering because there was no need to answer. We both fell in a comfortable silence thinking about what was going to happen next but we both knew we didn’t need to. We knew that no matter where we end up, we only needed each other to get through whatever was waiting for us in the future.