Part 28

Anna and Leo had gotten the last of their boxes unpacked and stood in the front room of their new house. They were hundreds of miles away, and ready to start fresh with their kids.

After a bit of a fuss, they got Kelsey tucked in for her nap, and she was sleeping peacefully in her nursery. Leo had not told Anna about the incident the other day where she climbed out of her crib, but he really didn't think it was necessary.

It was quiet for a few minutes, with all the older kids playing outside in the backyard, but soon Kelsey started crying.

"I'll go check on her." Leo said, running upstairs. He went into the nursery and walked over to kelseys crib, looking down at her.

"Hey baby girl, what's the matter?" He asked, picking her up. "Is someone messy, hm?" He cooed, patting kelseys bottom. "Just like I thought. Come on, papas gonna change your diaper." Leo said, laying Kelsey down on the changing table.

For once, she didn't fight as the dirty item was removed, or when Leo cleaned her up with cold baby wipes. She still cried, but she laid still for the change.

Leo sprinkled her with baby powder and placed a new diaper under her, laying her bottom on it. He pulled it up between her legs and taped it snuggly, rolling her onesie back down and snapping it shut.

"Papa will be right back, baby." He said, leaving the nursery to wash his hands. He returned shortly and picked Kelsey back up, holding her to his chest. 

Kelsey was still crying softly, so Leo carried her to the rocking chair and sat with her cradled in his arms. He rocked gently back and forth, humming. Kelsey cuddled closer to him, lightening up on her crying.

"My baby loves being held, doesn't she? Yes she does. Papa will hold you for as long as you want, angel." He cooed, kissing kelseys forehead gently. He grabbed a clean pacifier and popped it in the girls mouth.

She sucked on it, silencing her cries. Leo shifted her so that she was up by his shoulder, her head resting in the crook of his neck.

Leo rubbed her back and held her close as he continued to rock. After a few minutes, Leo carried Kelsey downstairs and put her in her bouncy chair.

"Alright baby, you can play for a bit while I do some chores." He said, leaving the living room.

Kelsey played for a while, having fun with her toys, when she heard footsteps approach. She looked up to see Jake smiling at her. She frowns.

"What do you want?" She asks quietly, not wanting trouble. Jake shrug.

"Nothing. I'm bored." Jake says. Kelsey stares at him.

"Go play with the big kids, then. You don't even like me anymore." Kelsey said.

"Yeah, but they're no fun to pick on, because they tattle on me. You can't do anything but cry, and mama and papa are easy to fool." Jake says. He sounds like a movie villain to Kelsey.

She starts getting upset. She just wants Jake to leave her alone. Tears form in her eyes, and she starts crying, losing her paci.

"You're such a baby, Kelsey." Jake taunts.

Footsteps approach, this time louder. Jake turns around to see Leo. He looks annoyed.

"Hey kiddo, what's wrong?" He coos, lifting Kelsey from her bouncer.

"Jakey mean." Is all she can manage. Leo bounces her and pats her back, swaying side to side with her. Jake looks past Leo, thinking this would be a perfect time to bolt before he gets in trouble.

Leo grabs his wrist and Jake whines.

"We're going upstairs, and I'm going to hand Kelsey to mama, and you're coming with me for a punishment. I heard what you said to Kelsey, and given her reaction, I don't think this is the first time you've picked on her." Leo said. He marched Jake up the stairs, and the boy struggled the whole way. "Stop that, Jake, or your punishment will last longer." Leo said.

The man marched Jake up the stairs, trying to keep calm so that Kelsey wouldn't be more upset. He got to the master bedroom and saw Anna sitting on the bed, watching some tv.

"Hey babe, can you take Kelsey for a bit? There's a certain little boy who needs to learn to be nicer." Leo said.

Anna nodded and took Kelsey from Leo, holding her in her lap. "It's okay, sweet pea, mama's got you." She cooed, smiling at the girl.

Leo scooped Jake into his arms and carried him to the nursery. He grabbed a diaper, baby powder and a brand new pacifier. Jake started yelling as he realized what was about to happen, fighting to get out of Leo's arms.

A sharp swat on the butt put an end to jake's fussing, and he just sat there, shocked. Leo laid him down on the floor and removed his big boy clothes and underwear, laying the diaper underneath him. He sprinkled baby powder on hakes front, pulling the diaper between his legs and taping it snugly.

He popped the pacifier in jakes mouth and carried him over to the crib, sitting him in it.

"Stay here for a minute, jakey, papa just need to get you some clothes." Leo said, walking out of the room.

Jake couldn't believe he let himself be diapered so easily. Why didn't he fight more? He sniffled, crying quietly.

Leo walked back into the nursery and picked Jake up out of the crib.

"Hey bubba, no need to cry. I know this is new, but your punishment won't last long if you can be a good boy." Leo said. He sat Jake on the floor and pulled a blue onesie over his head, laying him back and snapping the bottom shut.

He attached jakes pacifier to a paci clip and clipped it to his onesie. "There, now you won't lose your paci." Leo smiled. He picked Jake up and carried him to the master bedroom.

"Kelsey, there's something your brother wants to say to you." Leo said.

Jake was quiet for a minute, but Leo bounced him, giving him a stern look.

"I'm sorry for being mean to you, Kelsey." He said, pacifier falling from his mouth. The pacifier swung back and forth against jakes chest. Leo reached for the handle of the soother and popped it back in jakes mouth.

"That's my good little boy." Leo cooed, patting jakes back.