Part 37

As the semester was coming to an end, Jen and Doug decided that they would need to chat with the kids. Since summer was so close, they wanted to know who would like to stay over the break.

They had all the kids sit on the couch, sitting across from them. While it had been hard to coax them out of their headspace's, they were in an adult headspace to have a clear conversation.

"So, you all know that summer break is coming up in a couple of weeks, and we wanted to check in." Doug said, hands folded.

"Do you not... want us anymore?" Bebe asked quietly, clutching her stuffie to her chest. Doug's face softened instantly and he corrected himself.

"Of course not, baby. That's not it at all." He said. He was so used to talking to Bebe as a young baby, so he couldn't help but coo.

"We wanted to ask what you all plan to do for summer. You could stay here with us, or you could spend it with your families." Jen said.

Mark, Antonio, Ash, Cole, Lucy and Bebe looked at each other, then at hen and Doug.

"We're all a family." Antonio said with a smile.

"Yeah, we wanna stay." Mark beamed. Cole, Lucy, Bebe and ash all nodded in agreement. Jen and Doug smiled just as wide as the kids, taking turns hugging each of them.

"We're so happy to hear that!" Jen said, wrapping her arms around Bebe and Lucy.

"Alright, that's all we needed to know. If you want, you can stay big, or you can get back to being little." Doug told them.

Without a word, the kids all ran upstairs, going to their respective rooms to change, though the little ones might need help.

/(&?;&?;(

Leo walked into jakes nursery, smiling. 

"Hey there, Jakey. Did my baby boy have a good nap?" He cooed, scooping Jake up. He pressed a hand on jakes bottom and tutted.

"Papa's gotta change your diaper, then we can go get you something to eat." Leo said, laying Jake down on the changing table.

Jake shook his head, trying to sit up. Leo gently pushed him back down.

"I know, I'll be quick. Just lay still like a good boy." Leo said, removing hakes onesie and dirty diaper.

Jake started to cry. He didn't want to be a baby anymore.

"Shh, it's okay bubba. We're almost done." Leo cooed, wiping Jake clean and sprinkling baby powder onto him. He taped a clean diaper around his waist and smiled, walking down the hall to the bathroom.

As soon as Leo left, Jake sat up, cringing at the loud crinkle the diaper made. He pulled the onesie off of himself, throwing it aside. Just as he was about to hop off the changing table, Leo walked back into the room.

Jake froze when he saw Leo. Hopefully he wouldn't be angry with him.

"What's got you sitting up on your own, huh?" Leo said, picking Jake up. "Wanna get a different shirt before we go downstairs?"

Jake nodded. He was relieved that his papa wasn't mad. He didn't even seem to notice what Jake was up to.

Leo placed a blue t shirt with a shark on it on Jake, popping a blue pacifier in his mouth before they left the room.

Jake grumbled a bit behind the pacifier but kept it in, hopefully to keep Leo's guard down. Leo sat Jake down in his high chair and made him a grilled cheese, cutting it into triangles before putting it on the tray.

"It's hot, Jakey, just wait a minute. I'm gonna check on Kelsey." Leo said as he left the kitchen. Jake didn't wait long before he picked up the food and took a bite. He munched happily, enjoying some limited freedom.

"Hey, I have a secret to tell you." Came phoebe's voice. She stood in front of Jake, looking serious and a little sad.

"What?" Jake asked, setting his sandwich down. Phoebe looked around, checking that the coast was clear before leaning close.

"Mama and papa are gonna keep you as a baby for longer than they planned to." She said quietly. Jake stared in disbelief, quiet as a mouse.

Leo walked back into the room, holding Kelsey.

"Are you keeping an eye on your baby brother, Phoebe? That's very sweet." Leo said.

That was all Jake needed to hear. His face fell as he started crying, shaking. Leo set Kelsey down in her high chair before picking Jake up, holding him close.

"No!" Jake whined, trying to push away from Leo's chest. Leo rubbed his back and carried him up to his nursery, shushing him along the way.

"What's got you so upset, jakey?" Leo asked, sitting in the rocking chair.

"I don't wanna be a baby anymore. I swear I'll be the nicest kid, just please don't make me be a baby." Jake begged.

"Did your big sister tell you?" Leo asked. Jake whimpered and nodded. Leo kissed the top of jakes head and stood up, laying Jake down in his crib.

The boy cried to be let out, but Leo ignored him, quieting him down with a pacifier.

"You need some time to calm down. I'll come check on you in thirty minutes." Leo soothed, leaning over the bars of the crib as he looked down at Jake.

Jake just whimpered behind his pacifier, reaching his arms out. Leo smoothed his hair back as he turned in his mobile.

"It's all gonna be okay, bubba. Just take a little nap, and we'll see you soon."

Leo left the nursery, shutting the door. Jake stared up at the mobile, holding the pacifier between his teeth. He didn't need it, but it did make him feel better...

Jake drifted off after a minute, finally giving in and sucking on his pacifier, feeling his stress fade away.