House rules

"Alright kids, breakfast is ready. Please come to the kitchen and pick what you would like." Doug called. The 4 kids shuffled into the kitchen.

There, they saw plastic plates in different colors: yellow, pink, red, blue. Bebe grabbed the yellow plate, Lucy grabbed the pink plate, Antonio grabbed the red plate, and mark grabbed the blue plate.

There were pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon, and little muffins. Antonio grabbed a little of everything, Lucy got some pancakes, Mark picked some bacon and toast for now, and Bebe, who didn't have a big appetite today, stuck with a little fruit.

"Is it okay if I have some coffee?" She asked Jen politely. Jen nodded and handed her a coffee cup. Bebe filled it a little over halfway, and then poured some vanilla cream in. Everyone walked back to the living room, setting their drinks on the coffee table.

"Alright, I'm going to read off the rules, and when I'm done, please ask any questions you might have." Doug said.

"Rule number 1: Always be kind. Fighting does not happen in this house."

"Rule number 2: Please tell us if you're not regressed. We don't want to make you uncomfortable by offering care if it's not needed at the time."

"Rule number 3: Eat what you are given, but if you honestly cannot eat more, we won't force you to clean your plate. We all know how uncomfortable a full stomach can be.

"Rule number 4: Use words to communicate when you can. If you are unable to, we will get an idea of what you want or need without them, but please try words first."

"Rule number 5: Our home is your home. Please remember that we love you and want to keep you safe, happy and comfortable. This applies to in headspace and out of headspace."

"Any questions?" Jen asked.

"What if we break a rule?" Bebe asked.

Jen and Doug looked at each other.

"There will be a punishment. We will never spank any of you, because that's not something we feel is fair. If you are facing a punishment, you will be brought by one of us to the time our room, and you will face the corner for a certain amount of time. When we come to get you, we ask what  action warrants the punishment, and when we tell you've learned your lesson, we will take you out of the time out room." Jen explained. Bebe nodded.

Truthfully, she was scared about the 3rd rule. It's not that she didn't want to eat, but sometimes she just couldn't. She had a nervous tummy when she was upset or stressed, so she likes to avoid eating when that happened.

"Now, who would like to look around the house?" Doug asked. The 4 kids raised their hands, and the 6 walked upstairs.

——————————————-

Their first stop on the tour was a room with a white door. Jen opened the door and walked inside it with Antonio, luck, Bebe, Mark, and Doug. It was a large room with 4 cribs, a changing table, and 2 big dressers. The boys had half of the room, and the girls had the other half. 

Antonio had a black crib with a red sheet, Mark had a black crib with a blue sheet, Lucy had a white crib with a pink sheet, and Bebe had a white crib with a yellow sheet.

"This is so cool." Lucy whispered. She looked back at the 3 other kids, who seemed impressed by the room.

"Now, we don't expect that you'll be regressed all the time, but when you are, this is your bedroom." Hen said. She smiled at the kids. "There are some clothes is the drawers for you all, so you can look at them." She added. 

Antonio and mark opened the top drawer of their dresser: there wer some red onesies and some blue onesies. They opened the one under it to find some white onesies and gray onesies. The last drawer had some footie pajamas in it: one pair was paw patrol theme, one was Dino theme, one was sport theme, and the last one was blues clues theme.

Bebe and Lucy opened their dresser drawers to find pink and yellow onesies, white and gray onesies, and Disney theme footie pajamas. When the 4 kids looked in the closet, they found 4 pairs of blue overalls and 4 pairs of gray sweatpants.

"What do you all think of your clothes?" Jen asked.

"I like them. They feel soft too." Antonio told her. Mark nodded his agreement.

"Excellent. Why don't we go take a look at the playroom?" Jen decided, and they all left the nursery.

——————————————————

They playroom had a small plastic table in the middle with 4 thick plastic chairs around it, and some paper and crayons on top of it. There was a toy box by the one wall, which was painted a light blue. Next to it were some stuffed animals and a little play kitchen. The opposite wall had 4 beanbag chairs and was painted light green. The wall that faces the door was red and had some hot wheels cars in a clear box, as well as a hot wheels track. The wall with the door was red and had a clock on it, and a shelf with some books.

"There's some stuff for different ages, isn't there?" Mark asked.

"Yes honey. We don't know what ages you would be in little space, so we got a few different things to be safe. If any of you end up being under 1 year old in headspace, we have some stuff that will be safe for you stored downstairs." Hen answered. She and the kids left the room, and Doug led them down the hall to another door. He opened it and everyone peeked inside.

It was smaller than the other rooms, and had light gray walls and a white carpet.

"Is this the time out room?" Bebe asked. Doug nodded.

"Don't worry though, sweetheart. I'm sure you'll all follow the rules, but I just wanted you to see that it's nothing scary." Doug assures her.

Everyone went back downstairs to the living room.

"Alright kids, the weekend is all yours. By Monday we should know what your regression ages are, and then we can get started with our experiment. We'll have lunch at 1 o'clock, so you can do as you please until Th wn." Jen said. 

Antonio opened a cabinet by the tv and found some movies.

"Do you guys wanna watch a movie?" He asked, looking at his new siblings. They nodded their response, and Antonio got out some choices.

They ended up agreeing on Marley and me, because they didn't feel ready to regress just yet. Soon, they would start to be comfortable around each other: it was only a matter of time until they were friends.