Babysitter

It was a couple days after Christmas.  Jen and Doug were planning to go out for a day that night, and weee working on arranging to get a babysitter. They wanted someone who could handle 4 babies like Bebe Lucy Antonio and Mark, but also someone who would be respectful of their situation with their children.

"How about your brother? He'd be a good fit." Doug said to Jen. She shook her head. "He's out of town. What about your friend Chris?" Hen asked. "I can give him a call and see if he's available." Doug said, pulling out his cell phone.

"Hey Chris, it's Doug. Would you be able to babysit for me and Jenny tonight?" Doug asked. He waited for a sec before replying. "Oh, no, that's alright. See ya another time. Bye." Doug said, hanging up. "He's working super late. Won't be done until midnight." Doug told Jen. "What are we gonna do? We could reschedule, I guess, but tonight seemed like such a good night." Jen said, putting her head in her hands.

"Are you okay?" Came a voice. Jen looked up and saw Antonio. "Yeah, I'm fine sweetheart. What are you doing up?" Hen asked. "I kinda got out of headspace... can't get back into it right now." Antonio told her. Jen and Doug looked at each other. "Do you want to babysit your siblings tonight?"

////////////////////

"Be good for your brother, little ones." Jen said, waving at mark Lucy and Bebe as her and Doug left the house. Antonio looked at the other 3 kids. He was wearing his gray sweatpants, boxers, and a shirt he borrowed from Doug. 

"Okay, who wants to watch a movie?" He asked. The others raised their hands, and Antonio looked through the choices. "We can watch Disney, what looks good?"

Mark pointed to 101 Dalmatians. "Puppies." He said, smiling. "Puppies it is." Antonio agreed, putting the dvd in. He went to get cereal puffs and bottles as a snack.

He handed out the bowls and bottles and sat on the couch. The movie started and everyone sat quietly, watching.

When cruella deville came on though, the crying started. Antonio had to turn the movie off and comfort his siblings. He picked up Bebe and bounced her, rubbing her back. When she was better, he sat with Lucy and mark and hugged them, and they stopped crying slowly. Antonio looked at the clock. It was only 6:30, and bedtime was at 8.

"Alright guys, let's go color." He said, picking up Bebe and carrying her while Lucy and mark crawled. They got to the playroom and Antonio put Bebe down at the table, Mark and Lucy sitting in two other chairs. "Bubby color?" Mark asked, handing Antonio a crayon. "Yes, bubby color." He said, sitting in the last chair.

The 4 colored for a long time, and by 7:30, they were ready for bed. Antonio took Bebe to the nursery first and laid her on the changing table. He got her in a clean diaper and belle footies, putting her in her crib with her pacifier. He then got Lucy and repeated the process, putting her in Ariel footies. After that, he got mark and changed him into dinosaur footies. He put him in his crib and gave him his pacifier. He gave Lucy her pacifier, realizing she was waiting for it.

He turned on all their mobiles, which they got for Christmas, and turned on the baby monitor. "Night night. See you guys tomorrow." He said, leaving the nursery. Antonio went to the kitchen and poured a bowl of cereal, sitting on the couch to eat it. He turned on a show to watch, and zoned out.

When his food was gone, he got up to put his empty bowl in the sink, rinsing it out and setting it down. Feeling thirsty, he decided to get a drink. Antonio went to get a cup, but saw the bottles in the cabinet. He got one for himself and filled it with milk. He screwed on the lid and went back to the couch, laying down with his bottle. He started feeling tired and closed his eyes for a bit.

/////////////////////////

He felt cold. Antonio opened his eyes and saw Doug and Jen standing over him. "Hey bubba, how was babysitting?" Doug asked. "Daddy?" Antonio mumbled. "Yes bubba, mommy and daddy are home. I see you got yourself a bottle." Doug chuckled. Antonio nodded.

"Uh oh, I think someone needs a change." Hen said. Antonio day up and looked at his shorts. They had a big wet spit. Antonio started crying. "It's okay baby boy, it was an accident. My little boy wanted to be a big boy, didn't he? Daddy will get you cleaned up, your okay." Doug cooed. He picked Antonio up and carried him to the nursery. He laid him on the changing table and took of his wet clothes.

"I think you were starting to get back into headspace, and that's why you got a baby bottle." Doug said. He got out a diaper and put it on the changing table. He lifted Antonio's legs and put the diaper under his bum. Using a baby wipe, Doug cleaned Antonio up. He got out the baby powder and poured it on his bum and front. It fell down, and there was a little to much baby powder. Doug put the baby's legs down and pulled up the front of his diaper, baby powder falling on his front. Doug brought the sides up and put the tapes down, and Antonio felt like he was wearing a cloud. "I think you're happier in diapers than in big boy pants, yes." Doug said. He put Antonio in car footie pajamas and picked him up.

"It's past someone's bedtime." Jen said, looking at her watch. It was 11 at night. "Someone's gonna be cranky tomorrow." She said. Doug put Antonio in his crib and put his pacifier in his mouth. Antonio snuggled into his crib, reaching out to his mobile. It was 6 inches above where his finger tips ended. Doug turned the mobile on and it soother Antonio. He shut his eyes and fell asleep, clutching his blankie. Doug and Jen left the nursery and went to their bedroom to sleep.