Part 38

The next morning was different at the Wallace house. Bebe was awake, and notably out of her headspace. She sat at the kitchen counter, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Hey Bebe, what's got you up so early?" Jen asked, sitting beside her.

Bebe smiled and took a sip of coffee.

"I couldn't sleep. I guess I slipped out of my headspace at some point early in the morning, and couldn't get back to bed." Bebe said.

"That works out, I actually wanted to talk with you about your eating habits." Jen said quietly.

"I know... I really want to get better, but I've always had a small appetite, and if I get nervous, I struggle to eat enough." Bebe answered, a little embarrassed.

Jen put a hand gently on Bebe's.

"You don't have to worry about it, honey. I think we can take some measures that will help you eat a little better. We'll keep everything calm, and maybe some smaller meals throughout the day, along with some snacks? It should help to settle your stomach." Jen offered.

"That sounds like it'll work. Thank you." Bebe said, hugging Jen. She hopped down from the stool and went to make a bowl of cereal, and got a few strawberries. Hopefully now she'd be able to eat more normally. 

After about an hour, Bebe was struggling to stay awake. She was sitting on the couch, reading a book as all the other kids watched a movie.

"Bebe, are you feeling big or little right now?" Jen asked quietly, walking into the room.

"Little." Bebe said with a yawn, rubbing her eyes. She closed her book and set it on the coffee table, reaching her arms out to Jen, who gladly picked her up.

She carried her up to the nursery, laying her down on the changing table.

"Is if okay if I get you changed into something more comfy?" Jen asked. Bebe nodded. Jen changed her into a diaper and a long sleeve yellow onesie with flowers on it.

"All set." Jen said, picking Bebe up and laying her down in her crib. "Let mommy know if you need anything, baby girl." Jen cooed, popping a pacifier in Bebe's mouth. She left the room, and Bebe fell asleep.

About 20 minutes later, Bebe was awake and looking for her mommy. She babbled loudly, chewing on her pacifier.

Jen walked into the nursery and smiled, scooping her up.

"Hello munchkin. Is someone feeling better?" Jen cooed, kissing Bebe's forehead. Bebe smiled and wrapped her arms around Jen's neck. "Let's go say hi to Daddy."

Jen carried Bebe to the master bedroom, handing her to Doug.

"Hi Angel, how's my little love?" Doug smiled, bouncing Bebe gently. "I'm gonna go check on the other kids." 

Jen took a few minutes to sit and gather her thoughts, laying back in bed. The door opened, and Ashton ran in, crying.

Jen sat up and reached her arms out, and ash ran into them.

"What's the matter, baby boy? Did you get a boo boo?" Jen asked, rubbing Ashton's back.

"I'm sad, mommy." Ashton sniffled, hugging Jen tightly. She kissed his head and held him close.

"Why are you sad, Ashy?" Jen cooed, looking into Ashton's eyes.

"I want a paci like the babies, mommy." Ashton said.

Jen patted the spot beside her, and Ashton hopped up.

"That came out of nowhere, huh kiddo? I thought you were a big kid."