Rest

It had been hours. It had taken a while to process information on everyone's end. Shigaraki felt as if he had been lied to by his own thought processes growing up. He had fostered a deep hatred for heros after they had failed to help him when he needed it most as a child. But over the years he had failed to realize that everyone--and all through he hated to admit it, everyone included heros--is human. 

Humans experience painful things. And after hearing Shinso's story of being bullied and abused throughout his life simply due to a quirk people coined villainous, Shigaraki felt like he had a slight connection to the boy. 

They had both had similar problems, the circumstances were the only thing that differed. Shinso still had one loving family member that never gave up on him, his father. 

However Midoriya had been failed by everyone. Including his mother. He was quirkless, seen as a sin of society. And society tended to play the exorcist and force "karma" upon the teen. The greenette had admitted to some violence the bullies used on him as a child. 

Locking him in the janitor's closet, burning his clothes, stealing his lunch, sometimes becoming physically violent. The teachers had turned a blind eye. His best friend's had dropped him, leaving his small, young, frail body alone in the middle of sharks who kept circling their prey. He was even scared of his mother. She had never outright done anything to abuse him or anything, no Inko was an amazing mother. Izuku loved her dearly. However it stung when the young greenette realized his own mother didn't believe he could be a hero without a quirk. It was a final slap to the face. 

So much so that he never went to her and spoke about the bullying. He had turned in upon himself and his extroverted childhood personality decayed into a watchful introvert. He had turned his eyes off of analyzing heros and instead kept a close eye on his surroundings--the people in his surroundings--fearing someone would attempt to hurt him more. That year, he had left all notebooks, all personality traits of the original, pre-diagnosed child, behind. 

Midoriya had been thoroughly abandoned to the point of turning to self harm as a coping mechanism. And it was worse because no one had stopped him. Ever. 

After making it into UA, he had felt fulfilled enough to stop of his own accord. And he had taken drastic means to cover up the scars. One of which being an elixir that came from a nice woman online, who's quirk helped aid suicide survivors and previous self harm victims temporarily cover up their scars from the eyes of any and every onlooker. Midoriya had gotten it secretly, and since then he was able to train without worrying about his past coping mechanism or his questioning, concerned peers. 

Shigaraki felt guilty because he at least grew up with Sensei, who had attempted to slowly manipulate the blue haired kid's mindset, but was overall a very supportive figure. He also had Kurogiri to help him when he felt like clawing his throat to shreds was appealing. 

Midoriya had suffered on his own for years. And Shigaraki felt a profound emotion when he looked at the teen in a new light. 

Both of the teens looked like broken clay pots. They had experienced such tragedies, yet still glued their rough edges back together with golden hues. 

And they still wanted to be heros. 

Yet no hero saved them either. 

Afterall, heros couldn't save everyone. 

Especially heros with licenses. 

These two people on either side of him were not merely heros in training, they were just kids.