Recovery

Informing Mrs. Midoriya and Mr. Shinso of their sons' deaths was devastating. Both for themselves as well as Toshinori and Aizawa.

The camera footage did little to console the parents, but it was necessary to show them their children even if it was in their final moments.

Mr. Shinso loved Hitoshi with his full heart. He had been so happy for him when Eraserhead, a pro hero who had taken interest in the teen, had begun teaching him the ropes of heroics. It was a proud moment for the father to know that Hitsohi hadn't given up. It was even better when Hotoshi admitted he had made a friend who absolutely adored his Brainwashing quirk. Watching his son thrive with the new, accepting people in UA made Mr. Shinso swell with pride. His son had made it. His son had been one step closer to becoming a hero.

But it all came crashing down when the building collapsed. And it further deteriorated when he saw Aizawa, Shinso's personal trainer, standing outside his front door with a downcast expression.

He had watched the tape. He had cried when Hitoshi talked about the bullies, about the violence people bestowed upon a kid whose genes produced a quirk that was deemed as a villain's power.

It was truly heartbreaking to hear your son tell more negative memories of his past abuse to a Villain and a fellow kid in the eyes of death. Shinso's father felt that he had failed. Afterall, his son had decided to tell a previous villain the abuse he went through instead of telling his father.

It was a painful experience.

Aizawa had seen what Mr. Shinso had been feeling and patted him on the back. "Kids who experience this kind of quirk discrimination have a hard time coming to terms with what happened to them. Often, they only open up to other kids or people who experienced some of the same--or at least similar--experiences."

Aizawa wasn't used to talking much, but he didn't like seeing people blame themselves when it was clearly illogical and incorrect.

...................................................

After a few hours, all three men and rodent were back in Nezu's office.

His paws still propped up his face. His tie was loosened and hanging sadly. His clothes were wrinkled and his fur was clearly unkempt.

Tsukauchi had a stack of papers in front of him and a pen in hand. He was flipping through and marking boxes, writing notes in the margins and answering open-ended questions in the free spaces.

Toshinori had been the last to walk into the room. Aizawa had only returned a few minutes prior and had sat in one of the couches across from Nezu's desk. The tall, retired hero sat down next to Aizawa. Their small, one sided feud was put on hold as exhaustion fogged their minds.

"What did she say, Toshinori?" Tsukauchi asked, face pulled into a small, meaningless smile in a sad attempt to comfort his friend. It didn't work.

"She agreed to the four person funeral that could be hosted here." He whispered a reply, looking at his hands that he had folded in his lap.

"That's good." Nezu spoke up as Tsukauchi hummed and returned to the paperwork. "Tonight, we will tell the classes and tomorrow, we will have a memorial service via the press then a small notice about the funeral. By the end of the week, we will have everything ready." There was no mirth in the chimera's voice. It didn't crack under sad emotions. But it clearly showed the devastation of the events.

Aizawa glanced at Nezu questioningly. Having felt a gaze upon him, Nezu clarifies. "I have informed the heros on the scene that the mission is no longer a 'Rescue Operation' and is now a Recovery one." He whispers.

The thick silence returns to the room.