Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Botle's Point Of View

"Honey!! Wake up or we'll be late for our flight!" my mom shouts while banging on my bedroom door.

"I'm awake," I grumble out. I hear footsteps fading downstairs so I'm assuming she heard me. Groaning and stretching my body, I peel the covers off my body and walk to my bathroom.

As I enter, I look at myself in the mirror. Damn, I look like I woke up from the dead. Sighing, I turn on the knob of the shower, hot water flowing down into the drain. I peel my clothes off, step into the shower and cleanse my body. Minutes later, I walk out of the shower, wrap a towel around my body and I walk over to the basin to brush my teeth.

By the time I'm done doing my business in the bathroom, I was done within 30 minutes. Walking out of the bathroom, I walk to my walk-in wardrobe and choose what I want to wear.

After I lotion my body, I decide on wearing a blue long sleeve shirt, a pair of jeans and a body warmer after wearing my matching blue lingerie. For my shoes I wear my favourite pair of Midnight Blue Jordan 1s. Cute.

I finish in a record of 45 minutes. Exiting my room, I walk downstairs to the kitchen. To my surprise, or not, I see that my family has already started eating without me. Wow my family loves me so much! Note the sarcasm.

"How kind of yall to wait for me before eating," I say sarcastically as I take my seat.

"It's our greatest pleasure," Melu says stuffing food in his mouth. Jerk.

"Morning honey," my mother says as she puts breakfast on my plate. Hmm, looks like we're having toasted bread with bacon and scrambled eggs. Yum!

"Morning mother," I reply to her before digging food into my mouth.

"Someone looks a little too eager to eat her food," my step-father says.

"Food is life," I point out, my mouth filled with food.

"Never said it wasn't, now did I?" he asks sarcastically.

"Eyy eyy eyy, stop talking with food in your mouth and finish eating. We still have a flight to catch!" my mother scolds and we immediately fall into silence while eating. After a few moment of forks and knives clicking on the plate, we finish our food and our plates are taken by the housekeeper that just arrived not so long ago.

Mariah, the housekeeper, has been working for us for 3 years. She's a kind lady who is in her mid-40s. She has a husband with 2 kids that lives in another town not so far from London but since we're leaving to go to South Africa, she'll be staying here until we come back for business reasons or family vacation.

We're now all outside, walking up to the black Mercedes Benz Viano as we all take our seats in the car. My step-father drives the car out of the yard and onto the road.

If you're wondering where our luggage is well, half of our stuff have been shipped back at our house in South Africa and the rest of the other half will be shipped within a week as well. So basically the only thing we need is ourselves, obviously.

After 1 and a half hours of none-stop driving, we finally reach the airport. Looking up to the screen board, we see that our flight takes off in 30 minutes so we quickly start walking to the doors past the security and other stations. By the time we're on the plane, 10 minutes were left for it to board, much to our relief.

One thing that keeps bothering me though is that what if I'm not ready to face my past? What if I won't be able to get over it?

Sensing my anxiousness, my mother, that is on the seat to my right, puts her hand on my thigh and says, "you'll be fine. Don't worry about it." Hopefully she's right.

There's no turning back now, I think to myself.