Chapter 29

Chapter 29
Botle's Point Of View:

I was woken up by my mother to get ready to go to church since it was Sunday. I was actually quite excited to go there since it's been a while since I've been to church. My only problem will be some of the people that will be there that will ask me multiple questions.

I had already taken a shower so I pulled out my outfit for the day which consisted of a beige bodycon that reached mid-thigh with matching block heels. Yes, your girl can walk in heels. I tied my hair into 2 high puffs, with edges of course. I looked at myself in the mirror and I kind of looked too girly.

"I think I need to change," I mumbled to myself but before I could even pull out another set of clothes my mom called me to hurry downstairs. Sighing, I head downstairs after taking my phone, putting my necklace on and spraying perfume.

When I reached the foyer I was met with the sight of my mom folding her arms and she asked, "What took you so long?"

"Nothing, I'm here now. Let's go," I dismissed her as I walked outside to meet my dad and siblings standing next to the Viano.

"Hmm wena, looking girly these days heh," Melu said when he noticed me walking towards the car. (you)

" A 'you look beautiful, sis' would have sounded way better," I said after rolling my eyes at him.

"I wonder who you're dressing up for," he said, completely ignoring what I said to him. I scoff at irritation.

"Don't worry about him darling, you really do look beautiful," my dad said while giving me a soft smile.

"Thank you, Dad. I really appreciate it," I replied, giving him a genuine smile and then giving Melu a side-eye.

"Okay let's stop arguing and let's go," my mom said after witnessing all that went on between Melu and I.

"We weren't arguing," Melu mumbled but unfortunately my mom heard him.

"Just get in the car, please," my mom said after rubbing her forehead with the pads of her thumb and forefinger. We all got inside of the car and my dad drove to church.

---

20 minutes later, we were greeted with the huge building of Christian Family Ministry of God. Okay, only now the nerves start to kick in. I mean, we're a bit late so I guess that will still give me some time from meeting other people and answering their stupid questions.

My dad found a parking space, thankfully, since the church looked quite full today. We all exit the car. Beth and Bokang are led to the Sunday School by Melu. Dad walked into church first while my mom and I were still by the car.

After locking the car, she turned to me and asked, "Are you okay, baby?" I simply nod and turned to walk towards the entry of church but before I could even take 2 steps, I was pulled back by my mother.

"I'm not done talking to you," she said while giving me a stern look.

I looked down at my feet and said, "Sorry, mom."

"Talk to me, baby. What's wrong?" She asked softly while gently wrapping her hands around my arms.

"Nothing much, I'm just a bit nervous," I said to her in a very low voice, I'm surprised she even heard me.