Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Botle's Point Of View:

I woke up with a splitting headache, thanks to me crying so much last night. I reach for my phone in my sprawled blankets. I check the time and it reads 05:25. Hmm, I woke up early today, might as well get ready for hell aka school.

I walk in the bathroom and take a look at myself in the mirror. I practically look dead. My eyes are red and puffy, and oh my gosh, the eye bags I have look so bad. I then strip out of my clothes, walk into the shower. I get ready and finish after an hour.

I take my schoolbag, walk out of my room and go down the stairs. I slowly walked inside the kitchen, with my head down, dreading to face my father after what he said last night. Once inside, I slowly raise my head. My mother is in her usual seat, eating cereal and my father is right beside her, doing the same. All my siblings haven't arrived yet so it's just the 3 of us. They both look in my direction as they sensed me coming in.

I walked to the fruit basket, took an apple then walked away but before I could make it out of the kitchen, a voice stopped me.

"Aren't you eating breakfast with us?" My mother asks.

"No, I'm not that hungry." And it's true, when I'm feeling down, I don't have an appetite.

"Oh," she awkwardly replies. Since that awkward conversation came to a stop, I was about to take a step forward but again, a voice stopped me.

"Come eat, baby. Please?" This time it was dad's voice and it actually sounds sincere. I didn't reply to him since I didn't have anything to say.

"Sweetheart I'm sorry about yesterday. I'll leave the kitchen if you don't feel comfortable with eating while I'm here. Please just come eat," he practically begs but I don't fall for it. I walked over to the key holder, took my Audi R8 car keys and left the house. I honestly don't have the energy to talk to him, not yet.

I unlock, get inside the car and drive my way to school.

---

I park my car in a vacant parking space. I walked out of the car with my backpack. I walk into the school gates and I see Dan from afar. Shit, I forgot he said that he'll call me.

I fish for my phone in my bag and it says that I have 25 missed calls and 138 messages from Dan. Oh no, oh no, oh no, I totally forgot.

I quickly walk into his direction and approach him. "Dan, hi," I nervously greet him.

He just looks in my direction then walks away. What the fuck? Now he's giving me the silent treatment? Childish, if you ask me.

I quickly chase after him and grab his wrist, making him face my direction.

"Dan, I'm so sorry. Please don't give me the silent treatment. Something important came up," I kind of explained to him.

He stares at me for a while then he lets out a dark chuckle.

"Something important came up?" He mockingly asks.

"Yes and I'm sorry that I missed your calls and texts," I apologize to him.

"So you're telling me that you were busy with something that was more important than me!?" He yells at me.

"Why are you shouting? I said I'm sorry." By now tears started to flow down my cheeks. I absolutely hate it when someone shouts at me because as soon as someone raises their voice, I begin to cry.

"Sorry? You're Fucken Sorry!?" He starts stepping closer to me. Each step that he takes toward me, I step back.

"Yes, something came up because of my dad and I forgot that you said you'll call," I try to explain even further.

"Oh so now I'm more important than your dad!? HUH?!" Okay, I think he just burst my eardrum.

"Stop shouting at me. I apologized to you so why are you angry!?" There's no way he's going to yell at me whereas I don't yell at him. By now, a crowd started to form around us. Argh why does this always happen to me.

Dan takes another step closer to me and says in a really low and dark voice that sends a sickening shiver on my back. "I'll tell you this once. Whatever happens, you will answer my calls and texts. You got it?"

Before I can even respond, Dan is pushed away from me by someone that's standing behind me. I turn around and see that Josh is the person that's standing behind me, glaring at Dan and Dan glaring at Josh.

"Get the fuck away from her," Joshua growls at Dan.

"What the hell? What's wrong with you? I'm trying to have a conversation with my girlfriend here so why are you interrupting us?" Dan replies to him.

"You call that a conversation? You were basically threatening her," he says.

"I wasn't threatening her," he denies it.

"Fine, then whatever shit you were doing, stop it. Can't you see she's crying?" Joshua tried to reason with Dan in a calm manner even tho he looks far from calm.

"She deserves it after what she did," Dan argues.

"Bro, you're really fucked up. Voetsek," Josh swore at him. [Piss off]

They kept on glaring at each other until Dan left. Josh turns me to face him, his demeanor softens as he sees my teary face. He wipes my tears with the pad of his thumbs then pulls me into his embrace as I silently cried on his chest. The crowd 'aww'ed at the sight of us. Then all of a sudden we hear a loud voice booming next to us

"Hey! Voetsek! Sukani La!" Pheello yells out and then the crowd of students disperses and go to their designated homeroom. [Piss off! Get away from here].

Joshua pulls me towards his car and helps me get inside the passenger's side. He then quickly gets inside the driver's seat and starts driving out of the school.

"Where are we going?" I ask in a soft, small voice.

"We're going to my house."

"Why are we skipping school?" I worriedly asked.

"Because you're upset and I want to cheer you up?" He says, in an obvious tone.

"You don't have to."

"But I want to."

"Oh."

I know there's no point in arguing with him about this, and honestly maybe I do need some cheering up.

Hopefully skipping school to spend time with him will be worth it. And truth to be told, I really missed him.