Chapter 31.

Chapter 31
Botle's Point Of View:

He took me to an amusement park.

Yep, an amusement park. What a way to cheer me up.

"An amusement park? Really? Are we kids?" I asked him with a raised brow. I was thinking more of a Netflix and chill, but I guess we kind of already did that already.

He turned to me with a lopsided grin, "Of course an amusement park. How else am I supposed to cheer you up?"

I turned away from him and folded my arms, grumbling out profanities.

"Come on, cheer up. I promise we'll have fun. If you want to leave, you'll just tell me then we'll go, no questions asked," He said after wiggling my shoulders gently in an attempt to excite me.

"I want to leave now," I said.

"Can you at least give me a chance? I'm trying here," He pleaded.

I didn't respond as I just opened the car door and stepped out. This better be worth it.

He did a little victory dance as we walked over to the ticket booths. We got our tickets and walked into the wild atmosphere.

"Where to first?" He asked in excitement. I rolled my eyes at his clear ecstasy.

"I don't know. I don't even want to be here," I responded nonchalantly.

"Can you at least pretend to have fun?" He asked, after letting out a defeated sigh. I almost feel bad.

Almost.

"Whatever, let's just get this over and done with."

Sighing once again, he led me to the bumper cars as we stood in line. At least it's not that long. There's a couple in front of us that are wearing matching neon green outfits. They looked about mid 20s to late 20s.

The lady turned to Josh and I, then passed us a bright smile. I smiled in return for her kind gesture.

She gently tapped her partner and said, "Honey, they look cute, don't they? How long have y'all been together?" The last question was directed to us.

"Uh, we're no—"

"We've been together for 2 and a half years now," Josh cut me off. I quickly whipped my head in his direction, gapping at him. I think I almost broke my neck at how quick I turned to him.

"That's so cute. Young love, hey," Her partner said. I was too stunned to respond. By the time I snapped out of it, we were already being led in our tiny bumper cars.

We got into 2 separate cars since we were too big to fit into one together. I stifled a laugh when I noticed Josh struggling to get into one of the cars. When he finally got in, I burst in a short fit of laughter.

"It's not funny," He said after he noticed that I was laughing at him. I snorted after he said that.

The operator told us to buckle up then he switched on the machine thingie to start up the bumper cars.