Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Botle's Point Of View:

Looking at him in the eyes, I couldn't imagine how I would face him. Yes I know that at some point I would face him but I didn't know how I would do it and what I would even say.

Staring into his dark brown eyes, I immediately became sober. My mind was clogged with all the memories we've shared together. The awkward moments, the laughs, the cries, the heated times when we wouldn't talk to each other for hours but then would click right back when we saw it was no use getting angry with each other, even the playful times.

I missed him.

Then my mind goes to the one memory, I tried so hard to forget. The day he humiliated me, made me ashamed of myself, but most of all, the day he hurt me.

Standing right in front of me, is the reason why I left. The one who draw humiliation and shame upon me. I couldn't stand the shame he put on me.

Flashback

Walking out of the house, I walked up to the car where my driver is so he would drive me to school. Beth and Melu didn't go to school because, well they just didn't want to.

Getting in, the driver started the car and drove off to school.

45 minutes later, the car pulled up and I walked out. Clouds up in the blue sky, the sun shining brightly towards the earth, birds chirping and a slight breeze in the air. Today looks like is going to be a great day.

I skipped towards the school gates because I was feeling quite excited that I was going to be seeing my boyfriend, Josh.

Joshua Rodriguez, a really attractive and sexy guy. Wanted by every girl, envied by every guy and loved by every teacher. He was the school's soccer captain, an incredible guitar player and a very intelligent boy. You could tell he was the schools Golden Boy.

I walked up to my best friend standing by our favourite spot, which is by the biggest tree in the school, alone.

As I approached her, I said: "Hey Honey." I then gave her a hug.

"Hey bitch," she said, hugging me back.

"How you doing?" I asked her as we both pull back.

"Oh my word, do I even need to answer that? I'm at school, how do you expect me to feel? Happy?" she asked rhetorically. If there's one thing my best friend hates with all her heart, is school. She thinks is "unnecessary." Her words, not mine.

"Well, I suppose not," I replied.

"You're so lucky that you have a boyfriend here so that you can show us your PDA," she said dramatically. I shrugged, not knowing how to reply. "Oh, speak of the devil and he shall appear," she said, her eyes darting behind me. I turnes around and saw Josh approaching us.

"Hey girls," he said, eyebrows furrowed and hands in his pockets. He looked tense. It was odd, whenever Josh and I were together he always wanted to touch me, whether it was to hold my hand, hold my waist or to even swing his arms around my shoulders.

Kozo noticed the tension in the atmosphere and said: "Uhm, imma head over there," pointing into a random direction and left.

"Babe, is the something wrong?" I asked him, worried.

"Botlebahae, I need to tell you something," he said, looking serious. He has never said my full name before, even before we started dating. He was making me anxious.

"Uhm yeah, sure tell me. What is it?" I asked him.

"Look, I honestly think this won't work, whatever is happening between us," he said, pulling his gaze down.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked him, surprised.

"I mean that we can't be together anymore," he said.

"I understand that. What I don't understand is why are you doing this? Did I do something wrong? Babe please tell me what's wrong?" I asked him, my eyes beaming with tears.

"Yes actually, something is wrong. You're too clingy, you're annoying, it's like I don't even have enough space to breath because you always want to be close to me," he said in annoyance.

"B-but babe I thought yo-" he cut me off.

"You thought what? That I enjoyed being so close to you and didn't wanna let go? You were wrong. You know what the worst part is? You like being to close to me yet you never ever wanted to have sex with me," he said looking at my face but not once did he glance in my eyes.

"What?" I asked in barely a whisper. I'm trying so hard not to let my tears fall.

"If you're wondering, yes I was using you for your body. I don't care about your feelings and all that bullshit. I only wanted you for a quick fuck and you couldn't even provide me with that," he states.

That was the last straw. Tears started flowing down my eyes like a flippen waterfall. By now we had started to form a crowd, people pulling out their phones and taping everything that we said to each other.

" Hmm, yeah that's all you know what to do right? You cry. You cry like a flippen baby and you always need someone to comfort you. Well news flash, not everyone will be there for you," he said.

"Josh stop. Your words are hurting me," I say in a low voice.

"I should stop? Should I stop stating facts and start lying to everyone? Well honey, I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. You're a crybaby, an attention seeker, a fucken bitch. No wonder your father left you and your mothe-" before he could even finish his sentence, my hand connected to his right cheek.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. You have no fucken right to say that to me. You're just a pathetic bastard that thinks so highly of himself," I say, my voice dangerously low. "I hate you Joshua Rodriguez. I HATE YOU!"

Those were the last words I said before I left the school grounds looking like a crying mess. I felt humiliated. I felt like a fool to even like a guy like him. I left my life in South Africa because of a guy like him.

Present time

On that exact same day, when I got home my parents said that they needed to go to London because something happened to the branch they had over there. I told them that I was going to leave with them and so I packed my bags and left.