Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Botle's Point Of View:

13 hours later, I look down the window of the plane and see the beautiful lights in South Africa. 30 minutes later, the plane lands at the airport. By the time we got out of the plane it was evening since we left in the early hours of the morning.

Entering the airport, we get our luggage and exit through the other side of the airport where we will get our ride home. We see our driver standing by the matte black Viano and we walk over there. Our luggage is placed in the car and we also get inside it. The driver enters the driver's door, takes a seat, starts the car and drives off to our home.

---

The car comes to a stop and I realise that we have arrived at our house. We all step out of the car as quickly as possible because it felt stuffy.

"Home sweet home," my mother says.

"Oh my word, why is it so hot in South Africa at night?" asks Bethany, fanning herself dramatically.

"That's just how the weather is here in South Africa. It's a bit warmer here than in London," my father, replies.

She exhales as we walk up to the front door. Entering the house we see our housekeeper, Martha, standing in the hallway.

"Welcome back, family," says Martha, greeting us warmly.

"Thank you Martha. For the warm welcome and for staying in the comfort of our home and taking care of it," says my father.

"Just doing my job," she says passing all of us a smile as we walk further into the house.

The house was very spacious and modern. The main colours were navy blue, grey and white. The walls were filled with family photos and other types of art. The living room was on the left, it had a huge flat screen TV hanging on the wall, with an L-shaped couch and a 2 seater couch, surrounding a glass table that had a mat underneath it.

On the right, was a kitchen and the colours were red, black and Grey. There was an island in the middle of it. The fridge was connected to the cupboards. The stove was facing the sink, past the island.

In between the living room and kitchen was a flight of stairs heading to the main room which are my parents' room. In the hallway upstairs, we have my siblings' rooms and my room. Mine was the farthest from my parents' room since I am the oldest.

Walking up the flight of stairs, in the direction of my room, I open my bedroom door. A queen sized bed, armrest on each side of the bed, a chest-of-drawer, a 32' TV, a desk in the far corner of my room with an office chair and laptop, 1 door leading to my walk-in-wardrobe and another door leading to my bathroom.

I walk up to the bathroom to freshen up. After taking a shower and moisturizing, I wear my basketball shorts and an oversized t-shirt. Since my hair is in braids, I just tie it up into a neat bun. Since it's been a while, I pick up my phone that was on the bed and check if I have any notifications. I do actually have notifications and they are all from my best friend, Ntokozo. As I am about to respond to her messages, I recieve an incoming call from her.

Sliding the green button, I answer.

"Hello?"

"Bitch, you did now tell me you're coming back home!" she screams through the phone. I even had to remove my phone from my ear so I don't become deaf.

"Uyarasa (you're making a noise)," I reply to her.

"Hey, don't you dare tell me that I'm making a noise! Why didn't you tell me you were back? I found out from your little brother that you're back. Imagine, what kind of a friend are you!?" she rambles on.

"No no no, don't blame this on me Kozo! I told you last week that I'll be in South Africa by today," I reply.

"Yeah I know but the least you could've done was to call or text me by when you arrived," she says. Trust my best friend to make you guilty for petty matters.

"Okay, I'm sorry," I apologize.

"It's fine, but still, fuck you," she says.

"It takes 2 to fuck boo!" I exclaim while laughing.

"Damn girl, you're nasty!" she says, while laughing as well.

"Oh well, you know the vibes!" I exclaim.

"Honey!! Dinner is ready!" I hear my mom call me from downstairs.

"I'm coming!!" I shout out while covering my phone so that I don't make a noise for my best friend. "Uhm, Kozo-" she cuts me off.

"Yeah yeah yeah, you need to go eat, blah blah blah. Go eat, I swear y'all you love food more than you love anything! Even me," she starts complaining.

"I love you too, byeee!!" I say.

"Bye hunny," she says then hangs up.

I come out of my room and walk downstairs to the kitchen. I drool by the aroma of the food going around. I see my family in the seats dishing up food for themselves. I take my seat as well and do what everyone else is doing, dishing up for myself and start eating.

Hmm, this tastes so good.