Chapter 28

Chapter 28
Botle's Point Of View:

I was doing the finishing touches on my hair when I heard my mother's voice call me from downstairs. Taking my phone with me, I quickly descended the stairs.

As I walked down the stairs, I saw my mom greeting an all too familiar figure of Daniel. He looked very handsome, dressed in black dress pants and a white dress shirt accessorized with a simple black watch and a few rings on his index finger as well as his thumb on both hands. He combed his hair neatly back with a small lock falling on his face.

Both Dan and my mom hadn't noticed my presence as my mom was gushing over how handsome he looked. After a few moments Dan noticed me walking over towards them and his eyes sparkled a bit in glee.

"Ba— uh, Paris. Hi," he corrected himself after I passed him a stern look. I told him to stop calling me that.

My mother turned around to face me and gasped in astonishment. "You look so beautiful, sweety," she says.

"Hmm, he's very handsome. I approve," my mom said in a hush tone while hugging me.

"Mom, please. Not today," I said after pulling out of her embrace. She laughed as she walked into the dining room, leaving Dan and I for a while.

"You look beautiful," he said as soon as we were left alone. I looked down on my black bodycon dress and matching sandals. Don't ask me why I wore a dress, let alone why I own one. My hair was tied in a high puff, due to unbraiding my hair not long ago. Obviously I had to do my edges as well.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself," I replied with a tinted blush on my cheeks. He smirked at the reaction he got from me.

"Oh, a warning before we go to the dining room. My dad might be a bit hard on you," I said before I pulled him into the dining room without giving him enough time to react or to respond to what I said.

"Uh— mom, dad, this is Dan. Dan, these are my parents. You've already met my siblings," I properly introduced him before I take a seat.

"Good evening everyone," he said as he took a seat next to me.

"How are you darling? Sorry I forgot to ask earlier," my mom spoke first.

"I'm good thanks. Oh, and thank you for inviting me to dinner," he replied. He looked pretty nervous for his usual confident self.

"The pleasure is ours," my mom said with a smile on her face.

"When my daughter introduced you, she said that you already knew my kids. How so?" His question was directed to Dan.

"Oh uhm, I bought them all their favourite snacks this one time while we were in London, sir," he replied truthfully. My dad hummed at his response.

My dad continued to ask him further questions and he answered them with no hesitation. My mom would intervene here and there. My siblings would laugh when he would make a short joke. It was honestly going better than I thought it would.

"Can I talk to you, privately in my office," my dad said after we are all done eating. Dan and I looked in each other's direction nervously before he stood up and timidly followed my father to his office.