Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Botle's Point Of View:

Stepping out of my bedroom after getting ready for school, I walk downstairs for breakfast.

Thank the Lord, it's Friday.

I walk into the kitchen and take a seat where my family has already begun digging into their meal.

"So it's going to be like this every time we have breakfast?" I ask them while digging into the delicious pancakes after drizzling syrup on them.

"Hello to you too. And to answer your question, yes. You take too long to get ready," my dad replies after swallowing.

I blush in embarrassment. "Oh sorry, good morning," I greet them and they greet me back.

"Who's riding with me to school today?" I ask my siblings and they all shout out a "me" while running to my car. "I'm sitting in the front seat," Melu says while I take my car keys.

"Y'all are not coming back home with me after school though. John will fetch y'all," I tell them as I get into the car and drive to school.

45 minutes later, I drop the little ones first then I drive to the high school side with Melusi while singing our lungs out to Amapiano.

I park my car in the available parking space and switch off the car.

"Can I ask you something?" Melu asks before I open my door. Facing him, I reply, "You already did but sure."

Chuckling, he asks, "Do you ever think you can forgive Joshua?"

"Why are you asking me this?" I ask as a humourless chuckle leaves my lips. Suddenly, my mood dampens.

"I just want to know. You've been holding a grudge on him for years now. Don't you think it's time to forgive him?" He asks, hopefully. He just doesn't understand, does he?

"You have no idea what I've been through. Stop asking me shit about him," I tell him while rubbing my fingers on my forehead.

"It's just... I've seen y'all look at each other. You both look completely and utterly in love with each other. That love is pretty rare in this day and age. If I were you, I would fight for a love like that," he says before leaving my car, sliding his arms through the straps of his backpack and walking into the school gates.

I sigh, gathering my things and walking through the school gates after locking my car.

As I walk into the direction of my class, a heavy weight drops on my back almost making me fall face first.

"What the fuck," I mumble as I turn around to face my best friend. "Voetsek Wena, what if I fell?" I ask her. (Piss off)

"Then that would have been hella funny. Plus, I tried calling you out but you didn't hear me," she says while folding her arms, an indication that she's mad at me.

"Sorry babes, I was a bit distracted," I apologize while hugging her extremely tight.

"A bit?" She asks while raising an eyebrow.